Anyone do/did Power 90 and see results?

Options
I was thinking about purchasing this, but don't want to spend $60 if it won't be worth it, I have P90x but it says to do Power 90 or Slim 6 first (or something along those lines). Just wondering if Power 90 is worth the money =)

Thanks!!:flowerforyou:

~Ari

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into Turbo Jam at all? It looks like a lot more fun and more variety.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Oh and do you add extra cardio in or anything? I noticed you don't do sculpt and sweat on the same days, was wondering on the sculpt days if you add in something else or whatever :)
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I did Power90 about six years ago and loved my results. You don't need to add anything extra. You alternate between the sweat & sculpt workouts six days a week, and rest on the 7th.

Did you take the fit test for P90X? If you passed that (with the exception of the pullups), you should be good to go.

Feel free to contact me with questions!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    You know, I'm pretty sure the 30-Day-Shred counts; you can give P90X a go once that's done.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Oh, good point! lol I will definitely go that route then maybe, I didn't even think about that lol. Ty!!:bigsmile:
  • ginkgojoe
    ginkgojoe Posts: 7
    Options
    Any suggestions on how to log Power 90 exercises into myfitnesspal?

Joe
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Any suggestions on how to log Power 90 exercises into myfitnesspal?

Joe

Assuming you don't have a heart rate monitor to calculate your calories burned ... Circuit Training for the Circut videos and Aerobics for the Sweat intervals.
  • skinnymac
    skinnymac Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ari - I just finished Power 90 and I LOVED it! I've never finished an exercise program in my life and was getting disgusted with my yo-yo diets and exercise.

I lost 13 pounds and 22 inches. I'm doing another round of it to lose more. My son helped me along the way. He did P90X. If you'd like to see his before & after pics and also mine, here's his website: http://www.coachstonemac.com. (I'm the blonde girl in the lower left corner.)

I think it's well worth the money. Best of luck to you!

skinnymac
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    The first two months of Power 90 I lost 16lbs. I got bored by the 3rd month and started incorporating different cardio DVDs. (And I really got off track eating wise) I always stuck to the sculpting though. It really improved my strength.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Oh and do you add extra cardio in or anything? I noticed you don't do sculpt and sweat on the same days, was wondering on the sculpt days if you add in something else or whatever :)

I've done Power 90 off and on. I did well the 1st time for 2 months like Tbyrd, and then started to sway. When I started on here, I picked it up again, and yes I definately have seen results.

It's adjustable/flexible. If you can't do some of the moves, Tony has alternates. Most people if their out of shape won't be able to do the workout, but when you are able to do it 30-60 days from the start it feels great. There is also 2 workouts each for sculpt and sweat.

At first you probably won't want to add any other workout, unless it's the opposite time of day.. ie you do Power 90 in morning maybe go for a walk in the evening.