weigh loss changing clothes sizes

Options
2»

Replies

• NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    A lot depends on your height and build for clothes sizes.

At my heaviest, size 16Ps and XL were getting snug and never really fit right anyway.. It would have been disastrous to my ability to dress well at all to get any bigger than I was. As a petite it's hard enough to find clothes that fit as it is, it's even harder when you're heavy.

I'm extremely short (4'11") so most charts say ideally I should be between 111 and 114 lbs.. and I was only ever a size 9P at smallest and that was before I reached my full height, (such as it is) so I doubt I'd ever get into a smaller size than that which is fine with me.

I'm just ecstatic to be back into size mediums and solidly in size 12P again (they're getting looser and the 14s fall off now!) I'm hopeful about getting into 10P again would be totally fine with me, I'd feel great there! Wearing the size mediums now that I had set aside when I was heavier feels so good!

It does depend some on the clothes too though, I wear a few sports bras that the label says are sized XL but they fit comfortably with a little room to move and are stretchy type. I also have one XL tee shirt I like to wear that doesn't look too baggy and fits more like some mediums I have; go figure.
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    It seems to depend on the person, and your shape. The first 10 pounds I lost I went down about 2 sizes. Then again, when I was "active" I weighed about 200lbs and could wear a size 8.
  • Hollywood1214
    Options
    I also think that you have to take into consideration how snug your clothes were before losing weight. I know that I was probably close to needing to go up another size.

As of right now I have lost 12lbs (since starting my journey about 5 weeks ago) and am not needing a different size yet but everything fits much much better than before.