Nurses

Options

Replies

• 150forMe
    150forMe Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new to the site as of today. I am an LPN in a community Healthcare setting for 15 years (except for 2 years when I explored nursing in a Hospice setting) Glad to meet you ALL!
  • hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Options
    Happy Nurse's Week! I'm an LPN currently in school working on my RN and my husband is an RN.
  • hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week!

I just finished an LPN to RN program (was an LPN for 10 years) and I passed the boards last month!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've been an LPN for 9 years and am currently in school working on my RN.
  • BeckyProctor
    BeckyProctor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a pediatric RN. I spent 20 years at INOVA Fairfax Hospital on general pediatric units and pediatric oncology. I have worked the last 5 years as a school health nurse. I would live to have some nurse friends on MFP. Feel free to add me!:smile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Telemetry nurse here in MN...I :heart: my skills but hate charting and paperwork :grumble:
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurse's Week fellow nurses, I am an LPN working towards my 4 yr RN. I work in home care and love it! Keep up the great work that you all do and best of luck on your weight loss journeys :happy:
  • jsugihara86
    jsugihara86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Happy nurses week! I am in medical assisting school, cant wait to get the foot in the door!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Yay! Happy Nurses Week!! :)

I am a RN in Neurosciences. Very challenging, but I love what I do and the differences I make in my patients.

:heart:
  • Swimdy
    Swimdy Posts: 2
    Options
    Happy Nurses week to all. And yes, we need to take care of ourselves. I'm an RN at a branch of St. Joe's on the Med/Surg floor. Used to be Hospital Float. Thinking of going back. Been a nurse for 15 years and still love my job.
  • calliou
    calliou Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week to all of us! :flowerforyou:
    I'm a RN Case Manage for hospice... time to take care of ourselves for once...
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    RN here too. I work in Long Term Care because I can't do the lifting or bending due to on the job back injuries. But I love my job.
  • CindyLynn28
    CindyLynn28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week!

I just finished an LPN to RN program (was an LPN for 10 years) and I passed the boards last month!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've been an LPN for 9 years and am currently in school working on my RN.

Thank you! Good luck in school, I'm sure you'll do great!
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week to all!! I have been an R.N. for 24 years, presently working on as a Charge Nurse on Medicine. And I do still LOVE my job!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week! You all ROCK!!
  • xStellar
    xStellar Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week!

Med-Surg nurse here! It's so easy to forget about taking care of ourselves because we are always taking care of others, but it is so important! And so hard with all the cake and candy around esp this week..
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Cvicu background currently working in PACU. Happy Nurses Week to every one!
  • dragon_tattoo
    dragon_tattoo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a nursing assistant working in an inpatient anorexia unit. It's mentally demanding and draining but once you see even one recovered patient, its worth it.
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm not a nurse, but Happy Nurses week to all RN here at MFP!

RNs aren't the only nurses, guy.

Happy nurses week fellow nurses. Dont forget to pick up your free cinnabon by tomorrow at participating locations!
    Thanks for pointing this out. Everyone in the nursing field work hard together to make someone's life better. It does not matter what license they hold in that regard.
  • happyagain80
    happyagain80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happy nurses week to you all! I am a nursing student who graduates in December this year and so excited to have chosen this profession. I have taken control of my health and vow to take care of myself so that I may live by example for my future patients.
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yay for Nurses! Happy Nurses week to all! I'm not a nurse, but there have been many who have made such a HUGE difference in my life, and the lives of people I love. Please accept a warm hearted THANK YOU for all you do !