Subway, uneven cuts when you order a 6inch?

Options

Replies

• Creativeballance
    Options
    I always get the foot-long for the less expensive cost-per-unit and I can always put half away for later.

Yep. Always.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I swear I always get the small side lol

It is human error. It is not pre-cut so obviously there is no perfection.
  • skmeyer7143
    skmeyer7143 Posts: 11
    Options
    Oh and I usually ask for my sandwiches cut in 4s. I know, its more work to make/cut. But believe it or not, if enough veggies are on it, 1 quarter of the sandwich fills me up sometimes.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Subway restaurants smell like homeless people.

i think that subway restaurants (can it even be called a restaurant?) smell too. And 6 inches is simply not enough to fill me up, I'd rather go for the foot long.:smile:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Today, I went to Penn Station and got a four inch sub. When I got the sub, it was probably 2.5 inches, nowhere near 4. I took it back to the person at the cash register and said "This isn't four inches! Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean that I'm going to believe this is four inches!" And he said "Would you like another one?" Me: "No, I just wanted to make a joke..."
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I used to work at subway for 3 years and its because people are rushing and dont check before they cut it. When I was a trainee my boss pulled me up on doing that and I didn't realise I was even doing it. I fixed it but they need to place the knife in the middle of the sandwich and check where they are going to cut before they cut it. Mine wasn't that bad that customers noticed or complained but I have seen other people do it real bad and its super obvious that they cut it wrong and people are getting ripped off. Theres nothing worse than going to a subway where the person doesn't know how to cut the bread or they squish it when they cut it or rip it to shreds instead of cutting it properly! I also hate it when people give u the dodgy bits of tomato!
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    And dont be afraid to complain if they cut it short or give u too much meat or whatever. There is a set standard amount of meat that has to be used and you can always ask for less or more if they dont do it right im super fussy with my subway since I used to supervise there and there are soooooo many **** subways with people who cant make a sandwich!!!!! . Once this lady used to always come in and get 4 layers of tomato, 4 layers of cucumber and extra of every other salad and expect us to close the damn sandwich it was crazy! and this other person came in once and asked for a tuna and chicken fillet sub and they asked for 1 line of every single sauce in the store it would have tasted pretty funky!!
  • ValiCaly
    ValiCaly Posts: 111
    Options
    I always get the foot-long for the less expensive cost-per-unit and I can always put half away for later.

I get the foot long and eat it.
    But then it is just a Veggie..
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I work at Mr Sub, the Canadian equiv of Subway and it's kind of a "on the fly judge as best as you can" deal. Although, sometimes we have 6" bread but not always (we have pans for 6" loaves).
  • Kresent
    Kresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Try them upside down. I have to eat the entire foot long at once because leftover subway is funky.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Try them upside down. I have to eat the entire foot long at once because leftover subway is funky.

What do you mean by upside down? So you mean flip the sandwich? Or I need to eat it while upside down? :laugh: :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    :huh:

okay... seriously.... i work at subway...
    and i bake the bread.....

the bread always ALWAYS comes out differently. Not one loaf of bread is the same EVER.

When I cut my foot longs, for my customers, I cut as close to "in half" as I can. I THAN look at both 6 inches and choose the bigger for the customer, because i do CARE to a degree. If they really don't like it, they say something, but I usually never have problem because i make bomb sandwiches, especially if you are a good customer :wink:
    But not all sandwich artists are like me.

I've had some pretty crappy sandwiches in terms of assembly. I know who makes the good sandwiches and who makes the crappy sandwiches at my subway. I can't stand when the sandwich maker smashes all my toppings all over the entire bread, ripping the bread in half.

Keep on making awesome sandwiches!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

If you get your sauce on the side and don't toast it, it doesn't get so funky.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    Bleh the Subway in my town only got 2/5 for hygiene so I don't eat there now :(

I never noticed if I got exactly half or not though!
  • butilovechocolate
    Options
    My University has four Subways on campus, so I've eaten there a lot these past couple years. Usually they're pretty good about slicing the bread for a a 6 inch...I mean I figure they'll be off by half an inch give or take. For me, it's when I would order a footlong with the plan to put half of it away...lots of times they don't pay attention at all and just slice the sandwich into two pieces. I've had "halves" that are split more like 4 inches and 8 inches, as opposed to two 6 inches
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could bring a ruler with you next time?
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I can say this, I've never had a sub look as messy as the one in the pic, that one looks like someone just threw it together.
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Im so anal along with my man about our sandwiches from subway, before i started trying to lose weight i would look at him all pissy and say "see they always give you the bigger side" LOL but now its like they know i WANT the smaller side so they start trying to make *my* sanwich on *the bigger* side........NO HUNNY! Ill take the other half! When I say we are anal I mean once it got to the point that a new hire cried because they were messing up so much and we werent being mean but he felt like a failure. Im done with subway for the most part but I love me some ChebaHut and Blimpies :happy: :bigsmile:
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Subway restaurants smell like homeless people.

i think that subway restaurants (can it even be called a restaurant?) smell too. And 6 inches is simply not enough to fill me up, I'd rather go for the foot long.:smile:

I hate even walking past a Subway because the stink lingers in the street outside it too - it always turns my stomach. I can't eat anything from that place. My sister once brought me a sandwich from there and it stank - I couldn't take a single bite - had to throw it out! :(
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Would you like me to take out my ruler and measure!? I work at Subway, I try to do it as evenly as possible and if i'm off, I give the biggest side to the customer at hand. Oh and about the smell....My purse permanently smells like Subway! Not pleasant!