Looking for friends... newbie!

Options
jenb41
jenb41 Posts: 23 Member
Hi! My name is Jen. I am new here. I am loving MFP so far! Wish I had found it sooner. I have a LOT of weight to lose and an excited
outlook on my new lifestyle journey. I am looking for friends who would like to be support for each other. Looking forward to meeting
new ppl. :) I am also looking for ppl who are diabetic as I am working on sugar control as well. Thanks!

Replies

• TSSoderstrom
    Options
    Hi Jen! I just stated too! I actually lost 35 pounds 2 yrs ago and then had to stop everything because I have a raer brain condition that required surgery. I have gained 10 of it back but am still down 25 pounds. It has taken me some time to get motivated again. but here I am! A friend of mine has lost 45 pounds in the past 3 months using myfitnesspal. She is very good about recording her intake and exercising. One think I have noticed with her is that she plans her snacks so if she is out somewhere and gets hungry, she eats what she brought with her. Also, she orders kids meals if she goes out to eat. Some places may or may not let you do that. And lastly, she still has her treats on occasion (like her peanut butter m&m's), she just makes sure to count it and she gets the smallest pack. I figure if she can do it, so can I!

I am also borderline on the diabetes. My last Hgb A1C was high, but it is still where I can manage it with diet and get it back in control, so I am really going to try and get it where it needs to be.
  • sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen!! I am new as well and am finding MFP wonderful!! So many insperational stories! I am a mom of 3, with lots of weight to loose as well!! Feel free to add me!! :)
  • alujan74583
    alujan74583 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen my name is Amanda and I am new here as well feel free to add me. :happy:
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, I'm pretty new here to. I'm actually down to my last few pounds, but it is still a struggle. Would like some more friends as well.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I just joined a few days ago, trying to drop a few pounds. feel free to add me(:
  • erinschr
    erinschr Posts: 26
    Options
    Hello ladies, I'm new to MFP too. I would love some pals to keep me motivate on my journey to loose 40 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • mainebabe
    mainebabe Posts: 32
    Options
    hi jen feel free to add me if you like ;)