Starting 30DS and needing support

Options
Hi everyone,

So I'm going to be starting the 30DS next week (still waiting for the dvd to arrive) and I was just looking to see if anyone was just about to start or had already started and would like to be friends on MFP so that we can be supportive to one another? :)

I'm 24 and really just wanting to tone up. I can't tell you how much I weigh because I haven't weighed myself in 6 months but I'm building up to that, I don't know why I can't do it but I just can't face the scales at the moment. I reckon I'm about 135lbs plus but this time last year I was 115lbs so for me, I feel that I've put a lot of weight on and don't want to face the number..meh!

hope to hear your stories

X

Replies

• LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That DVD is great and effective, after a few months I did all 3 sections at one time to get more of a workout. I really like her Trouble Zones DVD better. Also, The Firm workouts are awesome. My two favorites are the 500 calorie workout and they have a kickboxing one that I can't remember the name of!!

The best thing to do is have a variety of fitness tapes and alternate them. Changing it up boosts effectiveness.

If you would like to add me feel free, I keep my food/exercise diary open :)
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have about 18 days left of 30DS! Liking results so far but it isnt the only workout I do!

Good luck..sending friend request now
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love it when I can motivate myself to do it! :) Started on 05/02.. Add me, we can help motivate each other.
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    Looking to start sometime this month!
    All the pictures of people`s results on this site are
    insane and I figured I`d jump on the bandwagon as well.
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just unwrapped the DVD and was getting ready to start! good luck! feel free to add
  • ainsley23
    ainsley23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey i'm just waiting for the dvd to arrive!
  • dragon_tattoo
    dragon_tattoo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the advice and support guys :) really motivating. I just did the level 1 of the 30DS as I managed to find it on youtube and wow, jillian kicked my butt lol i got so out of breath but didnt stop, yay me! lol
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday you can add me to the list.
  • awetherell
    awetherell Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did it for the first time on Thursday but am going to treat today as Day 1 (for me if I have a couple of days off I struggle to get back into it, so I am determined to do the 30 days consecutively). I'm sending a friend request - would be keen to motivate each other if you are! xx
  • sineadcantoo
    Options
    I'm on day 7 but haven't done it since day 5! its so tiring and ive just been too lazy the last couple of days! hoping to start up again tomorrow hopefully. Dreading level 2 but would like some friends also doing it to motivate me to complete the whole thirty days. Add me if you want! xx
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! I sadly messed it up last week, so I have to start over :( disappointed with myself but sometimes life gets in the way!
    I would be happy to support u!
    :)
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Took weight, measurement, and pics today to start 30DS on Monday. Lots of good results posted on MFP so here's hoping!!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hi Hun
    I did the dvd last year and got excellent results from this.
    The last few months I have really let meself down and gained a few lbs, I go on holiday next week but when I return I am going to get back into it.

Feel free to add me if you like, last year I got down to 115lbs too so we can do this together :)

Stacey xxx
  • magical81
    magical81 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi im courtney i have just joined mfp, i have 80lbs to lose and could do with some buddys for support please. good luck to everyone :)
  • batgirl8809
    batgirl8809 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 5 for me...can already see a difference in my endurance! I know some people have gained doing it but I'm still losing like I was.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    started about 2 weeks ago. You can add me. You SHOULD weigh yourself and measure before yous tart just so you can see how far you come. You might regret it if you don't look. And even though you feel like you can't face it, we can never change anything until we do face it. Plus 135 is not bad at all. Like you said, all you need it to tone up! 30 DS replaces a lot of fat with muscle so the scale might not drop 20 lbs but you will lose sizes and inches and look fantastic.
  • christenwypy
    Options
    Today will be day 5 for me...can already see a difference in my endurance! I know some people have gained doing it but I'm still losing like I was.
    I just finished day 10 and only now do I feel a difference in my endurance. I am scared to go to level 2 tomorrow! I still cannot do the lateral raises without taking 2 breathers. I miss a lot of bicycle crunches too.
  • christenwypy
    Options
    I am in!!! I sadly messed it up last week, so I have to start over :( disappointed with myself but sometimes life gets in the way!
    I would be happy to support u!
    :)

I had a horrible week last week too. hang in there!
  • Omen_Alexia
    Omen_Alexia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Today is my day three :] Feel free to add me
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Did try it but it's just not practical for someone living in a 2nd floor flat: too much jumping to annoy the neighbours