mfp goals need help

Options
So, went in and change my goals..I run/cardio 4 days a week so I put in active for my status.. In addition, I walk a lot for my job. It gave me 1360 as a goal. Should I eat that everyday? Or, should I only eat that much on days I workout???

Replies

• jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    1360 seems awfully low for active. I would try the calculators on fat2fitradio.com
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    How do I know what to set my activity level to?
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I find it best to set your goals at what you do the average of the days rather than trying to adjust for each day. If you are active 4 days of the week than set there.
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    sedentary is for those who do a desk job or don't move around much.

active is for those who exersize move off and on

very active is the person who is on his/ her feet all day.

you determine which one fits with your lifestyle and set it to that. hope this helps
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You can then eat the calories you burn on top of the calories given. In theory if you are more active then you have more muscle mass, which means you burn more calories just by living than a sedentary person. So make sure to eat the calories you earn on the days you exercise. Another way you could do it is to set your goals at maintenance and then don't eat back your exercise calories, theoretically you will still be in deficit as you will have burnt off calories iykwim?
  • alexngbr
    alexngbr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Though if you've put yourself as active because of the exercise that you do then you can't add those calories too as you'd be eating them twice. What have you set your weight loss goal as? And how much do you want to lose? If you don't have much to lose and you've set it at 2lb a week this could be why your calorie goal is so low.
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am currently 4'11(a shorty) and weigh 155..My goal is to weigh 130
    I run 3 days a week and do other cardio 1-2 more days
    In addition I'm on my feet and move around a good portion of the day

I set mfp to 1 pound a week
    at 2 pounds it says eat 1200

I just can't get this calorie thing
  • alexngbr
    alexngbr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try setting it to the activity level you are without the exercise - if you're on your feet a lot then either lightly active or active - you'll have to make a judgement call on how active you really are, then log your exercise when you do it and eat back those calories. This way you'll get to eat more on workout days. Hope this helps!