What do YOU do with your protein powder?

Options

Replies

• lolo406
    lolo406 Posts: 71
    Options
    1 shot espresso (or coffee)
    3 ice cubes
    splash of milk/cream/ etc (optional)
    1 scoop protein powder

Mix all indgredients in blender. Yum!
  • rsward
    rsward Posts: 45
    Options
    bump
  • aryastark8
    aryastark8 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like you use it like talcum powder, before workouts. Helps with the sweat!
  • DiNamicToo
    DiNamicToo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love to make a breakfast shake with it. I use chocolate whey protein, a cup of frozen fruit and a half-glass of skim milk in a blender. It's like cheating! I usually drink it before I go to a boot camp/workout.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Awesome site for baking with protein powder.
    http://www.proteinpow.com/
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Put it in oatmeal! :)
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Vanilla Whey Isolate powder in all these.

Stick it in the blender with avocado, half and half and some pumpkin pie spice. its sweet enough with just the protein powder :heart:

Mix it with Oatmeal ( when i ate oatmeal!) ...do if AFTER the Oatmeal has been cooked.

Blend it with Applesauce and Cinnamon and some milk, almond milk or half and half and some butter...delicious apple pie protein shake!:drinker:
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Almond milk and 1 scoop of powder in the blender... add whatever fruit strikes your fancy.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    It does NOT go well into tomato soup or scrambled eggs. Even though it says on the label it mixes well into everything. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

But it does go with PB, banana, ovaltine, orange metamucil and berries. I either make a chocolate one or an orange one but don't mix them all together.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to have it is to mix it with lo-cal chocolate milk, peanut butter and a banana.
    Its pretty filling and tastes soooo good, but a little high on the calorie side. That's why I only have it after a weight workout. To give my muscle what they need after a heavy weight workout.
    Otherwise, I mix it with skim milk or skim milk and fruit.
    I tried it in Oatmeal and greek yourgart but didn't like it.
    I've tried it in protein bars (made by someone else) and they were tasty.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Mix it with yogurt and skim milk
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    dashingdish.com

has some shake ideas, I made the cake batter one today and thought it was pretty good.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    We use it to make pancakes: 1 cup oats, 1 scoop powder, some cinnamon, and enough water to get it to pancake batter consistency - blend it all up and then cook it just like pancakes.

And since we buy pea protein (which doesn't go all that well in fruit smoothies anyway), I've been experimenting with adding it to soups and last night I even mixed it in with some pizza sauce to give my home made whole wheat pizza some extra protein.
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    http://gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/

^these (replace the coconut flakes with protein powder -or any dry ingredient, such as nuts or seeds- and either add the flaxseed or, if you're like me and never have that ingredient, replace it with more oats)
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Mix in with sugar free jello powder to make protein sanck

Mix with greek yogurt, and cofee for my morning wake-up
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    1 C. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    40 g. spinach
    200 g. frozen strawberries
    2 scoops Dr. Mercola's whey vanilla
    100 g. Fage 0% fat Greek Yogurt
    1 T. Frontier Vanilla
    1 T. xylitol

Blend in the Vita-Mix. Delish....I have it several times a week for breakfast/after work-out.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    dashingdish.com

has some shake ideas, I made the cake batter one today and thought it was pretty good.

She also has some other ideas for using it in recipes. I want to try the protein peanut butter muffins.
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it with french cheese, or oatmeals. i never take it with water or milk. I also use it in lot of recipes.

I also snort it sometimes
    maybe i should also try to inject it to my vain, perhaps it will work better, goes straight to your blood stream
    Already tried, but with whey isolate, it turned thick mixed with red globules. next time I'll try to ask for whey concentrate
    If you think whey isolate is bad, you should try the casein. Oy vey!
  • acman145acp
    acman145acp Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I guess i'm wierd i like it mixed with water ...........

I use the "NOW whey protien isolate dutch choclate" tastes good to me.