Anyone ex Lighter Life-ers???

Options
AdinaEden
AdinaEden Posts: 20 Member
Hi,

I'm somewhat new to MFP but not new to weight loss. My journey started back in 2010 where I lost 5 stones 4 pounds (75lbs) in just over 4 months. I was so proud of myself and was loving my new figure. I wasn't at my target weight yet but could no longer afford to stay on the Lighter Life programme so I left.

Between September 2010 and April 2011 I gained about a stone and a half but brought that right down, losing about a stone through healthy eating and exercise. That all stopped as I prepared to go to Australia for 6 months. I gained the stone and then some back and even more whilst I was out there as I didn't have much choice over the food I was eating. I tried so hard to work out but eventually my schedule won not to mentioned slight fear as I was bitten by a dog whilst I was out running one day.

So now I'm back in the UK and determined to get back on track. Just to help me stay focused, I've signed up for Race For Life in just two months time.

Are there any ex Lighter Life people here that can lend a hand?! Losing weight on LL is much quicker that the conventional way and it's hard to stay motivated at times (even though I have lost 2lbs in two days). So much effort has to go into it. I do 4 work outs a day!! Call me crazy but I just believe that if those people on Biggest Loser (USA) can do it, SO CAN I!!!

P.s. Check out my pics.

Replies

• BrieBailey
    BrieBailey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am also ex lighter life from four years ago but two babies later and I have found myself back on the LL program. It is expensive but spending the money motivates me not to cheat haha! I have been on LL again for four days now and am looking forward to results!

I will help motivate you if you want to lose weight the traditional way!
  • AdinaEden
    AdinaEden Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's great! Well done for going back. You'll do great. You sound very determined.

I look forward to your updates.

;)
  • ens102
    ens102 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am also post LL x2. Initially did it in 2010 but gained it all back. This time I got to target and went through the management program which was really helpful .Don't really want to end up using packs long term so joined up to MFP to help track what I'm eating and how much I exercise to try and stay on top of things. Need to make sure I don't gain weight but tone up for my wedding later in the year! Seem to be doing ok at the moment, did gain a bit, almost a stone but getting back to where I want to be.
  • Edwardo27
    Edwardo27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am an ex LL. Lost 2stone. It was very expensive and just really hard work not eating food! I could never do a meal replacement diet again.

After YEARS of doing different diets, restricting, bingeing. I have finally learnt that the only way to do this is accept that you cannot lose it all over night, there is no quick fix ,and i mean really ACCEPT it, not just take it in. Its going to take over a year to lose my 56lbs at a healthy manageable speed (1lb a week) without compromising my happyness and love of food. And i have accepted that I am this big now and will be for a long time until the weight starts to come off.
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I did my own version of LL - I just bought all of the packs online, and I lost 3.5 stone on it and felt good, apart from when I went on holiday to Las Vegas, and where it was soo hot, I was barely eating at all and then when I fainted in a hotel my mum made me eat properly again, and before I knew it I had piled back on all the weight, plus more.

I would never ever do a food replacement diet again, as in reality, you can't survive forever doing it, and I have seen very few success stories for real!

I think MFP is the way forward, as you are eating and making proper food choices, and in the real world, it sets you up for making the right food choices. Plus you still have all of the friends to support you.

Feel free to add me :)