So... I guess i am a selfish B*tch?

Options

Replies

• cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. Moms deserve a break. We deserva a day to ourselves and it totally makes sense for you to choose mother's day

but... and maybe this makes ME a *****. Its a six year old who's saying this from what I'm reading. And she wants to spend her day with you. And make you pancakes...

If it is your husband who was making you feel like this, your rant is totally justified. If it's your six year old... I think this might be an over-reaction...
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Oh I want a Day for ME so badly!!!! Better yet a weekend.... No it is not selfish or *****y, it is the reality of how draining it is to be MOM 24/7/365...
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I totatally agree with all the above!!! It's YOUR day ...enjoy...without a twinge of guilt...It's Mothers' Day here too, in New Zealand. I'd rather not have the hassle of expecting to be pampered for thisone day. Why not every day of the year???..:-}
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    Girl, ALL us mom's (esp. with small kids) need a break sometimes. :) My boys are 5, 3, and 21 months, so I get it - you're in good company :)

Our pastor calls this phase "Preschool Purgatory" LOL The kids are SO much fun, but SO trying at the same time. :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I agree about taking another day off to yourself, and you can even explain to your kids that it is good to have days where you take care of yourself. But even though as an adult I can totally understanding dreaming about Mother's Day being a day off, I think a 6 year old would have a hard time with the concept.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I tell my son on a regular basis that I am not A b*tch, I am THE QUEEN B*TCH - and he is not to forget it. Not just on Mothers Day, but everyday you need time for yourself - it is good for you and good for your kids. They need to learn to play and work together even if it is for 1/2 an hour while you do a workout video or crossword puzzle - and if they argue or try to pull you in simply say - nope this is my time, and you need to fgure out how to work it out yourselves. It will teach them to be self sufficient, and teach them that it is important to have a little me time everyday. As for mothers day - ask for what you need or you will never get it! Just be reasonable - cause sometimes when you get what you ask for it turns out to not be so good. Enough philosophy for one night! Good Luck
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Oh and then have dinner with your mom. Explain to your 6 year old that your mom wants to see her daughter too on Mother's Day.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are either. When father's day rolls around my husband gets to go golfing and NOT with the kids. I won't get the day off either so I know how ya feel. Hope you can find happiness in your day tomorrow we all deserve it.
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    no, i don't think you're a B*tch for wanting to do what you want to do on Mother's day. Especially if that includes NOT making breakfast for your household. I mean c'mon. If you don't want to cook, you shouldn't have to. And yea, if you want to spend time with your mum, go for it! Either way I hope you have a great Mom's day <3
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    Whilst I know what you mean, I think a big part of mothers day while they are very young is your kids feeling like they are making you happy. I think telling then you don't want the breakfast they worked hard at and that it would make you happier if they went away for awhile, is about as harsh as telling them you don't like their homemade card.
    Talk to your partner about getting a day to yourself another day maybe?
    They are only young once, mothers day will be different as they get older.

Exactly and they are 3 and 6. I would have balled my eyes out if my mom said she didn't want to spend mothers day with me when I was that age.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    pancakes... Lame, sell those kids on the black market!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Stop whining and tell your family what you want!!! If they don't like it that's their problem. You deserve to get exactly what you want!!!!!
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Nope. I hate Mother's Day. The only reason I leave my house is to go to Sunday dinner at my MIL's house. And the year that my kid gave me a bag of gravel from the park across the street just clinched it. That was when I decided that I will not have anything to do with that event.

(He was 6. Now at the age of 14 he knows not to do anything more than say "Happy Mother's Day" and "I love you.")
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    When you kids are around the house, Mother's Day is EVERYDAY!! :laugh: Don't celebrate me once a year, celebrate me everyday.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    3 and 6 year old's do not really have the capacity to understand you want alone time.
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Well if that's the case I must be a royal B cause I took my kids to my moms so me and my hubby can have a little alone time. Were going to the mountains to hike and do some ATV riding.
  • theNurseNancy
    theNurseNancy Posts: 149
    Options
    Im sleeping in, going for a run, and eating what I want tomorrow. It's my day. My husband can take care of the boy <3 He's only two this year :) When he gets older, I'll probably spend the day half and half.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Our standard mother's day. The kids and I cook a big breakfast for her and then I take the kids and we leave for the day. Win win.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 and 3 year old as well. I could of wrote your post so we can be Bs together. I get it, we just need one day off, one day off of hearing mommy 500 times and breaking up fights, or making and cleaning up food.

Hopefully, you will get your time off and the girls can tell you 1000 times that they love you!

Happy Mother's Day!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If it is truly "Mother's" day then mother should get to do what ever the hell she wants to do, including being separated from the children and other family members that she cares for every dang day!!!