So... I guess i am a selfish B*tch?

Options
13»

Replies

• Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Its been tradition in our family for the past 8 years or so, that we go golfing on Mother's day...We being my mother, sister and myself. Leave the kids and men at home where they belong lol
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    No you're not a B..... for wanting some time to yourself, by any means. Everyone needs time to themselves and they should get it regularly. But I would think about finding some time to myself on a day that isn't Mother's Day. There are 364 days left in the year that are not celebrated as Mother's Day. Your children and husband are probably looking forward to spending at least a portion of tomorrow with you. Be thankful for that and enjoy it!!! Happy Mother's Day :flowerforyou:
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Whilst I know what you mean, I think a big part of mothers day while they are very young is your kids feeling like they are making you happy. I think telling then you don't want the breakfast they worked hard at and that it would make you happier if they went away for awhile, is about as harsh as telling them you don't like their homemade card.
    Talk to your partner about getting a day to yourself another day maybe?
    They are only young once, mothers day will be different as they get older.

Exactly and they are 3 and 6. I would have balled my eyes out if my mom said she didn't want to spend mothers day with me when I was that age.

OMG'osh - I would NEVER tell my little ladies that I don't want to spend time with them - and trust me, they know I don't like pancakes... so I really don't expect them... Mia says: "We will make you Scrambled Eggs, Rye Toast, with Fruit and chocolate on the side, Mommy, 'cause that's what you like" They are sweet girls. I promise not to break their precious hearts.

Thank you, everyone, for helping me to feel better - looks like my day is going to consist of at least one tea party, after all - and maybe we will go to the fair :wink:
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Mothers Day is like my birthday. It always f*cking sucks, No one gives me gifts, no one says "happy mothers day/happy birthday" and I still have to wait on everyone else.

My mom even has my kids tomorrow and I will still have to make my husband every meal and do the dishes. Also, He doesn't want to do anything I want to do. I have a feeling all I will do tomorrow is cook, clean, and go to the gym. He is extremely bad with time. Always rushing when there is no need. Not going fast AT ALL when we don't have time. Maybe I will make him take me to go get boba.

As you can tell, I am already irritated and its not even mothers day yet.

Better than my birthday, I guess. I cry the week before and the week after. No but seriously... ONE friend called me on my birthday this past year. My family didn't call me. I only got a gift because my husband realized I was sad and he got it the DAY OF my birthday and technically I got the day after because he didn't get home til 1am.

Christmas also sucks for me.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Tommorow is about YOU and how YOU want to spend it isn't wrong at all. Have a wonderful Mother's day. You are not a B for wanting what you want. Enjoy
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Nope, not a B at all! If anything, it's makes you sound like a DAD!! :bigsmile: What would I like to do for Father's Day? Um, nothing......

Happy Mother's Day!! :flowerforyou:

Hope you have a nice day regardless of what they make you do....:drinker:
  • ceejanerun
    ceejanerun Posts: 10
    Options
    not you are not a B*** - you are perfectly normal!!! enjoy the day!
  • brettjcohen
    brettjcohen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Back in the days when I was married all I ever wanted for father's day was a day to be alone and do what I wanted. It never worked out that way because elaborate plans were ALWAYS made for me. I spend every second when it's not father's day doing work, catering to the kids, etc. I don't think you are a B**** at all. I applaud your honesty. I hope you get the day you want.
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Well darlin...for one you have fabulous hair. And since i kinda know YOU...you're a FABULOUS B*tch.

We're boycotting Mother's Day at my house...so feel free to drop the girls off here. You can go do whatever your little heart desires. It gets easier as they get older. Soon they'll be off running the neighbourhood with their friends and you'll find yourself alone on a Saturday afternoon just sitting. Sitting alone. In a quiet room. Doing NOTHING. Then the voices in your head start to get a little louder...and you start answering your own questions.

Then they become teenagers and want nothing to do with you and turn into these monster-like creatures and maybe when they turn 25 they will start appreciating us again.

So enjoy the tea party with the little ladies. You're a fantastic mom!! xx
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I fully disagree! That doesn't make you a b**** ... it makes you normal! lol At least in my book! I don't understand these people that want to spend all day with their kids on Mothers (or fathers) Day?! Mothers day is supposed to be a day I HAVE FOR ME! In appreciation of me, and for all I do... I don't wanna do the same damn thing I do ever day! lol
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    let your wishes be known. you are queen. :D
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    No way does it make you a B! You deserve a day to yourself! I know lots of moms who take Mother's day for a day of pampering.

On the other hand, I am a step-mom and I actually do get the day to myself tomorrow. I had my step-son last year on Mother's day though. We usually take turns every other year. So, I will get to spend the day alone tomorrow doing whatever it is that I want to.

Happy Mother's day to all of the Mammas out there, and to everyone else that gets the kiddos to act right! lol
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I would spend the day with my kids. I wouldn't cater to everyone all day but the quality time and the celebration of the holiday is for both the giver and the receiver. They really are too young to understand.

If you need a break, however, that is a perfectly reasonable request. I would just make sure you planned it for one day very very soon (like this upcoming week or the following weekend). Moms need time to recharge.

My advice is to plan a low key Mother's Day that includes your kids and then plan a day very soon that is for you. If you can afford it, go stay in a hotel for the night. I actually did a 2 day condo trip at a spa resort one year and it was exactly what I needed. If you can't afford it, there are other ways to accomplish the same goals. Have someone help you out and give yourself the day you need. Those days are important.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    no..we need a break sometimes..unfortunately, i have no close friends nor my mom near by, so i have to spend time with my family..since i am broke as well, all i ask from everyone is that they dont fight, and dont make me yell at them:drinker: good luck and do what you think is good for you
  • twinswin1
    twinswin1 Posts: 25
    Options
    Tomorrow, I will be at a baseball game without any of my kids, ages 25, 22 (and married) and 19. They've got other things on their agenda so I get it. Especially for the two that have to work. But if I'm really lucky, my hubby WON'T make me breakfast. He makes the scrambled eggs first, then the toast, then the sausage, then the hash browns. And he takes about two hours to do this. Every freakin' year. Just buy me some peanut and Cracker Jack.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Tomorrow, I will be at a baseball game without any of my kids. And if I'm really lucky, my hubby WON'T make me breakfast. He makes the scrambled eggs first, then the toast, then the sausage, then the hash browns. And he takes about two hours to do this. Every freakin' year.

hhahahaha! My husband does the same thing every year!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I never get a break so I know how you feel. You are not a selfish b*tch. Happy Mother's Day!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    How is the day going so far?

My family took me out to eat . The teens have gone swimming and my 7 year old is playing in another room and here I sit . :happy: So far so good for me.