5'1 and 15kg/33 Pounds Down!

Options
Matchamatcha
Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
Hi guys,

I promised myself I would do this when I'd lost 15kg, and now I have, so here goes. I started MFP when I was reaching the outer limit of my clothes being too tight to wear. I felt like I was busting out of everything I owned, and after looking at some particularly eye-opening photographs from a family event, I decided it was time to make a change and and the very least get down to the weight I was in high school. Now, I'm slimmer than I was in high school, and I plan to keep going!

Since April last year I have:

Lost 15kg
Size (Australian) 14 to a 10 or 8
Gone from a BMI of 30.5 or Obese to a BMI of 24.1 and Healthy
Bust: 9cm lost
Waist:14.5cm lost
Hips: 12cm lost
Thighs: 9cm lost
Upper Arms: 7cm lost

My favourite quote I've come across on My Fitness Pal is <b>"A year from now you will wish you had started today." </b> And now a year has past, and I am so glad I started back then! A year ago I never thought I would be where I am, the prospect of losing weight seemed so very difficult. I know I wouldn't have gotten this far or stuck with it without MFP and the friends and support and encouragement I've gotten on here. :flowerforyou:

Anyway, here are my photos - apologies for the head cropping but at the time I didn't want my face to be in them on the very slight chance someone I knew came across them, and now I think "What am I, embarrassed to have lost weight? Hell no!".

BEFORE - 70ish kilos, my actual starting weight was around 73-73 kilos.

b-70front.jpg

b-70side.jpg

AFTER - 58 kilos

58kg.jpg

58side.jpg

58front.jpg

Replies

• Marks281172
    Marks281172 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Big difference there well done... i suggest you invest in a belt :)
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    AW girl!!! Your the best!!
    I have the same body shape as you, same start weight and height. I am superhappy you put your pics up.
    This is so motivating. Now I know what I'm gonna look like and it's great!!!!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!! You look fantastic and you must be proud as anything! Well done :)
  • Matchamatcha
    Options
    Thanks guys :) And @delikium, keep going, you can do it!
  • Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful. You look great. Congratulations
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I also have the same body type. I just recently started using this site and it is a great tool.
  • mrsweasley23
    mrsweasley23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow. What amazing progress! You look fab!
  • sammi220
    sammi220 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It is great to see a fellow Australian achieving success. YOU GO GIRL!!!!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Matchamatcha you look fab! Well done on reaching your goal, good luck with the next one!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey Matcha - SOOO proud of you! :heart: You look fantastic!!
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is EXACTLY what I needed to see today! I am also 5'1" and 158lbs (71 kg). I've been at a platau since the end of Jan. Actually I gained 8lbs since then which has been coming and going. So I've been pretty obsessed with wondering if I will ever get even close to my goal. To see your before pictures at the same size I am now and then to look at your transformation - truly inspiring!!!!

Great job on your accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself! Thank you very much for sharing!!!
  • eilibean
    eilibean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Im just starting out really, so its so inspiring to see someone who's hard work has payed off!! :smile:
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Good loss babe! You look wonderful!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic well done :-)
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congrats! :flowerforyou:

So very proud of you! :heart: You seriously look amazing - the work definitely paid off. Love that you're inspiring others, too!
  • samikingsley
    Options
    How did you lose the weight using my fitness pal? What were your goals for excerise and when did you really notice the difference? I'm just starting and not really sure what the site is about and what to expect result wise or how they really go about totaling everything.
  • Matchamatcha
    Options
    Thanks everyone :):blushing:
  • Matchamatcha
    Options
    How did you lose the weight using my fitness pal? What were your goals for excerise and when did you really notice the difference? I'm just starting and not really sure what the site is about and what to expect result wise or how they really go about totaling everything.

My goals were something like 3x 30 mins per week but I wasn't very good at keeping up with that and went for weeks barely exercising. I'm still working on the exercise part! I should really try harder because I feel so great after I've been at the gym. Way back when I first started though I did interval running for a month or so (you can download interval tracks for you ipod if you're training outside) and that seemed to really pay off. Mostly though it's down to eating more fruit and veg and less overall - and having to train myself not to overeat (because what I thought of as "full" was actually "completely stuffed") or eat just because I was bored or having a bad day.

I noticed the difference most after about 7-10kg, and that's round about when other people noticed as well. I've heard that once you lose about 20% of your body weight people can tell.

And also if you have bad day, or week, and go way over in calories, don't give up - just keep going and try to do better the next day. I think it also really helps to join a challenge group so that you have the double benefit of people encouraging you, and a weekly weigh in keeping you honest and on track. I tend to plateau for weeks at a time but you just have to stick with it. It doesn't happen overnight.

Hope that helps :ohwell: :wink:
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Great work. I am currently your before picture though I am tiny bit tallers- can't wait till I lose those 15kgs and out of size 14's.
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I too like that quote about if you started now...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!