Options

Replies

• moonlightturk
    moonlightturk Posts: 398
    Options
    Uh-may-zing!!
  • atomicpunk1974
    Options
    I started losing weight when I became a ski instructor, and then when ski season ended I took up running in order to not gain the weight back. At first it was torturous to run, so I just made myself do it every other day. Then I built up tolerance for it, and then I started enjoying it. Then I found out that one of my sisters had started running around the same time I did, and a third sister joined us. So now it's something we all love to do together. At this point, I can't imagine life without my running... it's a great stress reliever and keeps me feeling good.
    Were you a runner before your weight loss journey? Was it something you enjoyed or something you learned to enjoy along your journey?
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm working on maintaining, too. We'll just have to continue being careful what we eat and continue to be active. We can do it!
  • Marni183
    Marni183 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Briii22
    Briii22 Posts: 13
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! (:
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look really awesome!
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wow, your amazing!! You must be so proud!!

Your absolutely right! This cannot be a diet. Diets do not work because after you stop them, after you stop doing the thing that made you lose weight, one will gain it all back plus some. I lost 50lbs (pre MFP) and then didn't workout for 4 months (winter and fall) I lost some muscle mass but only gained 1lbs. This is because I made a lifestyle change with the food I eat. I stopped eating crap and started eating right,74lbs later I'll never go back to the way I use to eat so the weight will never come back, it's gone forever like yours! One day I'll be at goal and I fully expect you to still be an amazing inspiring role model!! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    What a life change for you, congratulations.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    oh.my.gosh! congratulations :)
    and good on you for rocking out those short shorts!
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    takingnameskickingbutt Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!
  • Ouisel56
    Ouisel56 Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing.

I think the most important part of keeping the weight off is changing your eating habits. No more "diets". They don't work because you feel deprived of things you love to eat.

I'm eating healthier and feel so much better that I can't imagine ever going back to being a snacker again. I've learned that just a few minutes to prepare a meal for myself during the day is well worth the way I feel compared to when I snacked because I didn't feel like a cooking for just me. Once you get the attitude that "just you" is worth the effort, you'll never gain the weight back. It's most definitely a lifestyle change.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    super job. Great progress.
  • Christaaa78
    Christaaa78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    wow!
    Well done!
  • abhiforlife
    abhiforlife Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work!! Amazing and inspiring!
  • ResetJen
    ResetJen Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring hun, congrats on your goal weight success and of course congrats on your future success keeping it off x
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hi, I want to add my congratulations to the rest - you look amazing. So fit! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I am also keen to know how things will work out once I get to maintenance - this change in my habits is for life, I am NEVER going back to what I was.
  • atomicpunk1974
    Options
    Thanks! I've always preferred to wear short shorts when I run in order to stay cool, but I've tended to feel self-conscious about it. Part of this process for me has been about learning to appreciate my body with all of its imperfections and refusing to feel like I have to hide it. When I feel ashamed of my body, then I allow myself to neglect it. When I appreciate my body, then I feel more motivated to nourish it and care for it. Wearing the short shorts is highly symbolic of that for me. :)
    oh.my.gosh! congratulations :)
    and good on you for rocking out those short shorts!
  • atomicpunk1974
    Options
    Yes, this has been critical for me, too. I used to hate cooking, but now I've learned to enjoy it and to love having leftovers to eat on days when I don't have time to cook.
    I've learned that just a few minutes to prepare a meal for myself during the day is well worth the way I feel compared to when I snacked because I didn't feel like a cooking for just me. Once you get the attitude that "just you" is worth the effort, you'll never gain the weight back. It's most definitely a lifestyle change.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You've worked very hard and look incredible. Thanks for sharing, this is SO inspiring. :flowerforyou:
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Incredible!! Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!