How did you get your current job?

Options
124»

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I signed up with Snagajob and was receiving emails from them about certain positions/certain companies that were hiring in my area.

My hours were being severely cut at my old job and I was frustrated as heck, so I sat down one night and went through all the emails I had. Found one for a rental car sales agent at a local airport. Applied for it. Two days later, had a phone interview. Two days after that, they set me up for a face to face interview. Went to that a few days later. Next day after my interview, they called and wanted me to go for the drug screen and to sign the paperwork for the background check.

That was over a month ago. LOVE this company. LOVE this job! :)
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When I very first joined the bank I had to do a telephone interview and assessment centre, it wasnt easy at all and only something like 1 in 50 people got in. Once I was in the bank I found it easier to get jobs within, though it is still very hard because there are a lot of redundancies going on at the moment as can be expected, so a lot of the openings are given to people who have lost theirs.

I think it depends on what field you are in, I know for banking it seems to be that once you have got into a bank you are set but its difficult to get a job initially. Also its quite common for bankers to stay with the same bank all their working life. But my boyfriend is in sales and he just had to send out about 100 CV's and went to at least 10 interviews before he got a job. It was really disappointing for him to keep getting rejected but he just kept trying and trying until he was successful.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    When I came off Uni, germany was in recession, so I thought about the wider picture and decided to go looking abroad. I went for a job interview on the outskirts of London (flew in, stayed a night, had interview, flew back the same day) - before I had touched down, I had an email offering the job, Since then I have worked my way up the ranks and have survived the last restructure ^^