power drinks

Options
just looking for a good power aid to help out when your exercing hard

Replies

• Arild929
    Options
    I like the Red Bull. I ride bike for whole day and a quick Red Bull sure is great in the afternoon for the last stretch to my destination. It gives me not only a power boost but also a mental alertness raise. Sugar free is fine too. :drinker:
  • kittynurse
    Options
    5-Hour Energy is the best! I hate the taste but it's a tiny volume. I also love Rockstar Zero Carb. I'm a bit of a taurine junkie, so I never bother with an energy drink that has less than 1000mg of Taurine.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    5-Hour Energy is the best! I hate the taste but it's a tiny volume. I also love Rockstar Zero Carb. I'm a bit of a taurine junkie, so I never bother with an energy drink that has less than 1000mg of Taurine.

tell us more on the taurine? what are it's effects?
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I just go with your standard lemon-lime gatorade about an hour after I've worked out....I also use it to ward off my Mt Dew cravings and it's working so far.
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I just go with your standard lemon-lime gatorade about an hour after I've worked out....I also use it to ward off my Mt Dew cravings and it's working so far.

Likewise...I drink a little gatorade before, and depending on the workout-like my turbo kick class-I sip it throughout the class, the electrolytes give me that boost to finish the class :smile:
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I use Heed Recovery drink from www.hammernutrition.com after my workout
  • breakingthepath
    Options
    Water, maybe powerade. Stay away from pop and energy drinks because they dry you out.