I had an affair...

Options
cerrajean
cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
...a black-tie gala kind of affair, that is!

My friend had me come over to try some of her dresses on, and I wasn't sure any of them would even fit, since formal wear runs small, and all she had were 16-17-18s. After trying on her beautiful dresses, and being thrilled they actually fit me AND ZIPPED, she remembered one that she hadn't even worn yet, in a bag in the closet. I tried it on and it was amazing. She told me then and there that this was the dress I should wear. I looked at the tag...

Size: 14.

Not 14W, just a plain ole Misses 14. Anyway, my friend let me borrow her beautiful dress that she'd never even worn before, and I'm ridiculously thankful for her, and for the dress.

Here are some pictures...
Before:
(And it's worth noting that I ended up returning this dress and never wearing it because it was SO unflattering)
DSC02039.jpg

And now:
536527_10150837078909219_700899218_9824797_385114825_n.jpg

My boyfriend was cracking up as we walked through San Francisco to and from dinner, everyone was staring at me. Not us, with him in a tux, but checking ME out. Felt pretty good. Okay, I'm done bragging. :D

So, I was able to knock "attend black tie gala" off of my bucket list, and it was an evening I'll never forget, for many many reasons. It's things like this that remind me that even if the scale's not moving, things are happening, and just stick with it! It works when you work it!

Replies

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Looking great sweetie keep up the hard work. Now work on the rest of that buclet list.:happy:
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    Amazing!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Terrific progress! You should definitely be proud.
  • thelandofwin
    Options
    Fantastic! I love the pictures!! You look hot in the blue dress. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lookin' good!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    That has to be absolutely thrilling for you! Thanks for sharing your success. You look great and should be very proud! Keep it up!
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    You look awesome!! Go girl!! :smile:
  • mb0215
    mb0215 Posts: 20
    Options
    Heehee, are you wearing the same shoes in each picture? Va-va-voom! You look great!
  • cerrajean
    Options
    Heehee, are you wearing the same shoes in each picture? Va-va-voom! You look great!

LOL yeah, busted- I'm not a heel-savvy kinda girl. Those work for me, nice wide heel, and I didn't even fall down in them! (I used to roll my ankle from time to time.) I guess with less weight pressing down, it's easier to walk in heels...
  • mkrainville7409
    mkrainville7409 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    keep it up :) I can not wait to see results like this :)
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I saw that title and I was like ohhhh sh_t :laugh: But gratz on that NSV, getting into sizes sans the "W" is awesome!!!! I cannot wait until it is my turn :tongue:
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You should dress up formal everyday, you could start a new trend. You look very beautiful
  • Lisa_licious
    Options
    You look terrific! How long did it take you?
  • heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!
  • cerrajean
    Options
    You look terrific! How long did it take you?

The period between these two photos is about 2 years, but I didn't start really working at losing weight until about a year ago, maybe 9 months? I've kinda slacked off lately, but my body and I have been recalculating, and I was back to it really well before I had deadlines last week for work, and two more tomorrow. After that- I'm gonna see if I can get the scale moving again, it's been stuck in the same pound or two for almost 2 months now. I'd been so happy about maintaining that once I started up with trying again, I realized i must actually be plateaued.
  • lalapurpledog
    lalapurpledog Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! You look so amazingly beautiful. You are such an inspiration! Thank you for that photo. I have to admit, that title had me wide eyed, lol
  • Littlehaydensmommy
    Options
    You look so great!! Keep up the great work!! :o)
  • 1979rrh
    1979rrh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow... AWESOME WORK!! You look amazing, the best thing is getting into a new dress and its a few sizes smaller!!
  • cali8_love
    cali8_love Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    AMAZING YOU LOOK REALLY PRETTY
  • cerrajean
    Options
    Oh wow! You look so amazingly beautiful. You are such an inspiration! Thank you for that photo. I have to admit, that title had me wide eyed, lol

Hahaha, yeah, I figured the title would trip some people up, especially filed under "Success Stories"

But hey, I work in marketing- I know how to grab attention. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!