I need friends! Please add me.

Options
Hi. I am looking for friends to help keep me on track for the sake of my health, and in return, I can do the same for. After the army, I lost my way and before I knew it, I was married with 2 kids and over 220 pounds. I am only 5' 6" so definitely a big deal. Please add me if you also need a friend and a motivator. I love dance dance revolution by the way. I use it as my primary cardio workout, though I may be suffering from angina. Hopefully in time, I will be the me I used to be. Fit, and healthy.

Replies

• amberbackus
    Options
    Hi there!
    We are pretty similar size wise. :) I love to do Wii dancing games - zumba, Just Dance, and all of them. My mom and I line dance twice a week too - dancing is such fun and great exercise! :D
  • ronnierue
    ronnierue Posts: 3
    Options
    Mind if i chime in? I am 5'6 also 150. Winter before this last was at my heaviest ,about 175. That is being kind to myself, maybe closer to 180. Beginning last summer i got into bicycling, and lost to 139. Gained some back i am at 150 and would like to get to 135 and learn the habits to stay there. Am new to MFP.
    I also love dance. Have taken up lessons. Ive been goiNg for about 2 months learning foxtrot so i can get into rumba,chacha,and really want to learn the Tango. I want to liNe dance with my daughter..i had to smile at the simular likes posted.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want... though I must admit that I don't dance ;-p

I log in most days of the week, and I try to keep my feedback and comments constructive and realistic. If I'm concerned, I'll tell you, but in a nice way... and if you're doing a great job, I'll tell you that too.

Good luck! Hope those wedding pics come out great :-)
    Jen
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have yet to try dance revolution but I try to workout with the Wii fitness games...I have to try dance revolution it sounds like fun.
  • gbrynes
    gbrynes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a wii ( plus balance board!) but haven't used it for exercise. Do you find it really works?
  • lika_ulm
    lika_ulm Posts: 10
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I LOVE ZUMBA!!! I have it on kinect and also attend class at the gym :) I just started using MFP again and Im looking to expand my support network :)
  • tnmomof3
    tnmomof3 Posts: 177
    Options
    Add me
  • lika_ulm
    lika_ulm Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a wii too but I dont really use it. The kinect is way better! Not having to hold a controller makes a huge difference :) I got the zumba Rush for kinect and in one song you can burn from 70-200 cal depending on the intensity ;)
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi, im 5'6 and i love music and will dance while noone is watching, i still feel like a **** lol:drinker:
    I started at 209lb (95 kilos) and i enjoy zumba and wii games, work out dvds, gym and gah I NEED FRIENDS ROFL
  • pamnjeromy
    pamnjeromy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me as well! Similar size. 5'7" around 200 lb- I honestly don't know because I don't weigh myself. Starting a 60 challenge on Monday with my PT- pretty excited. Have about 30 I would LOVE to lose!
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Sky_Of_Aegis Posts: 114
    Options
    Thanks to those who added me!
  • makainui
    makainui Posts: 31
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrats on deciding to change your life!

Feel free to add me as I'm on here every day! I enjoy motivating with others!

Also, please check this out.

http://examine.com/faq/

This will help with any fads, and myths. Many many many fads and myths are spread around this forum. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. If I get specific here, the trolls and bro-scientists tend to get offended and like to start arguments and tell other people they are wrong regardless of anything. I likely won't be returning to you're thread because of that.

Anyhow, congrats on a new lifestyle! I hope you have the best kind of success!
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Sky_Of_Aegis Posts: 114
    Options
    I tend to stick to a Calorie diet. It is the simplest, and most effective in my opinion. If you consume less calories, you lose more weight. I also balance out all the foods I take in. I eat fruit, veggies, grain, meat ect. in pretty equal quantities, and it seems to be working for me.
  • sethharmon
    sethharmon Posts: 10
    Options
    I am new here and need more friends too. Sending you an invite...