IBS - made worse by high protein/low carb?

Options
Hi all,

So i get a touch of IBS and basically i've been following a low carb/high protein plan and it's "blocked" me up...sorry TMI!

Could it be that IBS is made worse by low carb/high protein?

I feel like i do need to go as i have cramps and get a stitch when running (under my right rib mainly). This has been the last few days that i have been like this.

thanks! xxx

Replies

• mikeinjapan
    mikeinjapan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In the past 4-5 days you aren't eating any fruits that I can see. I would ditch more of the bread type stuff so you can get a fruit in here and there.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I was loving the tahini a bit too much lately.... and with the extra magnesium- lets just say it will cure your problem.
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    I was loving the tahini a bit too much lately.... and with the extra magnesium- lets just say it will cure your problem.

sorry to sound thick but what is tahini??? xxx
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    tahini is a Medaterranian (?) sesame based deliciousness! It is mixed with ground chickpeas to make hummus. Yum!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    It's more likely the iron that comes with the protein. Too much iron will slow you down in there. I can't take multi vitamins that are loaded with iron for a couple reasons. That's one of them.