Funny experiemce at the gym

Options

Replies

• DangerMouse7
    DangerMouse7 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I can hardly believe what im reading!!! I can't see the funny side.
    In all the times I have gone to a gym here in New Zealand I have never come across such a pathetic individual like the one who abused you. It's idiots like that, that give guys in gyms a bad rap, the vast majority of gym goers are there just to improve themselves. At the Jett's gym I go to these last few months, the ratio is about 50:50 men to woman, and it's a non threatening, non intimidating gym. Everyone is friendly and helps out when anyone needs assistance.

Hoping your new gym is vastly better for you, and you are a lot happier there!! :-)

Ps// And glad you reported the guy to management, he needs to learn it is not acceptable behavior under any circumstance!!!!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Holy COW.

First: I apologize on behalf of men everywhere. We're not all a$$hats like that guy. :explode:

Second: I echo everyone else who said he's got ISSUES. And it's not YOU that made him look bad - it was HIM, heh. :noway:

Third: KEEP IT UP! Obviously you're doing a great job! :drinker:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Wow. That guy deserves a punch in the hyoid. ...And I want to do it.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    That.. I mean... wtf. I'm glad the other folks stepped up and I'm sorry you had to go through that. I would have been mortified and enraged all at the same time.

What a sick person. Mentally healthy people just don't do that sort of thing so I hope he gets some kind of help. What kind of horrible week was he having to do something so *kitten*?

Has the gym contacted you about reparations or what they're going to do about him? Surely they have a record of who was in the gym at the time.
  • pmhandlo11
    pmhandlo11 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Some people are such wack-jobs!!! I'm glad someone stood up for you. You deserve lots of credit for just being at the gym. Don't let someone else's in-securities (and words) get you down. :)
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    that is just ... insane, i have no other way I can see it. But you know, HE is the one w/ the problem. Turn his *kitten*-hattery into your motivation, go back to that gym and be a hero. sounds like a lot of the other guys there (the non-crazy ones) will have your back. If you can go back and point him out to the staff maybe you'll be saving some other woman from getting the same kind of treatment.

Stick w/ your program, keep the faith and in a year from now you WILL be laughing. Because you will be fit and even more amazing than you are now ... and he'll still be an *kitten*. Living well is the best revenge.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    you really need to follow up on this. He needs to be banned, crap like that only levels up when it is left unchecked and the fact that he has done it before. Make the gym accountable to get is *kitten* kicked out.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    What a jerk! Id have called the manager over immediately and had his *kitten* kicked out the door. No one should treat anyone that way. Sorry that you had to put up with that!
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    roid rage!
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    I think that dude may have had roid rage :'D straight from the juicer.
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    Good for you being able to laugh at that guy. He must have zero self esteem.

Keep up the good work and remember to point him out to the gym managers next time you see him - I hope he gets barred!
  • jesterx888
    jesterx888 Posts: 181
    Options
    Wow what a prick.........
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    None of that is funny.

It sounds like he has a mental illness and should be medicated if he's screaming at people he doesn't know.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    He needs his membership revoked. That facility should not let their customers treat others like that if they want to run a respectable business and depend on customer retention.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    what an *kitten*! I would have cried too, but keep your head held high. At least the other guys intervened. It gives me hope for humanity.
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That guy was jealous of you and a jerk. Good to hear some good guys were there to hep you out and that you are ok. You are doing great, keep it up:-)
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    yikes! So you don't have 4 hours a day that you can just spend strolling along, you have other things to do with your life... and this guy comes to yell at you... bizarre!

though, honestly when I saw the title I remembered how a month or two ago a new member of my gym thought I was one of the instructors. OMG, I was so flattered! though pretty funny how none of my friends got why I was flattered...
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    OMG, that is really horrible!

But, concentrate on the three gentlemen that helped you. There's many more of them then there are jerks.

I agree...for every one prick out there, there's 3 nice people willing to support and help others :smile:

He was probably on roids or something...
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he had involuntary narcissistic rage. When he's on his medication he's a rather cheery fellow.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I find it funny in the "holy crap, what a giant jerk! What is he over compensating for??" kind of way, not the funny haha way.

That said, keep us posted on what happens. I hope management hands his hind end to him and some nice perks your way!!