Funny experiemce at the gym

Options

Replies

• rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I think that dude may have had roid rage :'D

Yes. When my hemorrhoids are acting up, I get very grumpy.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    He's just mad cuz you were showing him up.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Are you eff'ing kidding me?! Where's the funny part? I was waiting for the part where he gets his *kitten* kicked. Here's the funny part: when you lift weights you cause his weenie to shrink. Seriously, and he just couldn't handle it. I'm sorry that happened to you, he sounds like an abusive *kitten*. Take pride in knowing that you intimidated him somehow and keep on keeping on.

^^THIS! You are a strong, confident and beautiful woman. Some men are intimitated by that and feel like they need to try to hold you down. Keep up the good work and know that you have nothing to be ashamed of. And HUGS!! to you for having to put up with that craziness!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    that was not a funny experience - that was terrible! am glad you reported it.

The guy was a complete *kitten*. the others coming to your defence proves it. You are strong and beautiful and that is what made him feel small.
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Are you eff'ing kidding me?! Where's the funny part? I was waiting for the part where he gets his *kitten* kicked. Here's the funny part: when you lift weights you cause his weenie to shrink. Seriously, and he just couldn't handle it. I'm sorry that happened to you, he sounds like an abusive *kitten*. Take pride in knowing that you intimidated him somehow and keep on keeping on.

Where's the funny part? I was waiting for the part where he gets his *kitten* kicked. :laugh:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I would have cried all the way home too....because I cry when I get REALLY ANGRY! ( I hate that!!! counterproductive!!!) You were entitled to be angry. I'm glad you called the gym about it, he deserves to be kicked out on his useless butt, right after a stern talking to by the management.
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I echo the sentiment of everyone else on here who has responded. That guy was a total jerkwad. Glad to see there are some gentlemen in this world who will step in and look out for you. He deserves to be banned from every gym in town for his unexcusable behavior. Wow.
    I mean, seriously? Makes you wonder WTF is wrong with someone like that????
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options

Where's the funny part? I was waiting for the part where he gets his *kitten* kicked. :laugh:

Scary situation--not funny in the least. I would have cried, too. With people like that, my only thought is that I can fix my fat body, but once a fat head always a fat head. He was truly intimidated by you! You are to be commended on your new mental attitude and progress. I shudder to think what could have happened if those other men hadn't been there to help. OMG!!!

And when I arrived home still crying, my 6'4" Scorpio husband with the ferocious temper and intolerance for that kind of behavior toward women would be my main concern. He'd be looking for that @$***** to teach him a big lesson.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Theres a reason I didnt go to my boyfriends straight away :-)

Honestly it IS funny. How sad a life can one have to need to do that? I'm so much better then he will ever be.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Theres a reason I didnt go to my boyfriends straight away :-)

Honestly it IS funny. How sad a life can one have to need to do that? I'm so much better then he will ever be.

So true. You made some smart decisions that night: reporting the incident, not antagonizing the offender even more, not going to your boyfriend's right after lol, not letting his problem/attitude become yours, and not changing your workout/diet strategy because of him. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    HE was just pissed because you could lift more than him! LOL!

Don't let it get you discouraged. He's probably a VERY lonely man.

If it were me I probably would have punched him in the face. Then probably cried later because of his idiocy.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Tell him that you are working on your body and you will lose the weight, but he will be an *kitten* forever!
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    Insecure a**holes are never a lot of fun. His real problem was that you were doing some serious, kick-but work and will be in fantabulous shape long before he quits (while blaming everyone but himself) and fails. Hopefully the gym is smart and bans him and revokes his membership. Honestly he sounds like he could be a problem.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Tell him that you are working on your body and you will lose the weight, but he will be an *kitten* forever!

I love that, well said.

There are so many "Experts" at the health clubs these days that I almost can't stand going. Sometimes you get good advice and sometimes these idiots should just shut the F@#$ up. To avoid this I would go early in the morning. The muscle heads there at that time are usually too focused to care what you do and the jerk offs can't get up that early.

Stay focused and you will lose the weight.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    He sounds like he has some, um, issues. WTH???

And good for you for working it.
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    WTF?! Why would anyone say anything negative about anyone at the gym? Yell at the people at home on the couch instead!

Good for you - you keep doing your thing and don't worry about dumb-butt Elliptical guy. You're awesome and you know you're making great progress!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    OMG that is horrible! Nothing funny about it whatsoever! I really hope you're ok and don't let it put you off in the future.

Sounds like the guy was just an *kitten* that was jealous because he couldn't manage what you did.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Wow. Dude made himself look like a fool the second he opened his mouth.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, overweight men get ridiculed for lifting weights too, so I know how you feel. The unfortunate thing is that you can't grab them by the throat with one hand, ring them out straight with the other, then drive them into the dirt feet first up to their chin like a railroad spike without getting into some trouble. Use the anger and frustration in your workout, but don't let it stop you.
  • Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I got the same "dumb B****" comment from a muscle head at my gym. Apparently girls can't lift weights incase there is an insecure man around.
    Whenever I see him he acts like a 2 year old throwing weights around an making a bunch of noise. Makes me super uncomfortable and self conscious, but I still go. Sometimes I sit in my car for a few mins to give myself a pep talk.