Getting started

Options
I have battled my weight for far too long and today is day 1 of getting back my energy and the health and body I want. I am 45 years old and fun a restaurant for a living so my lifestyle is active but my battle has been with eating habits and portion size. I am committed to getting the weight off and feeling a whole lot better. Here is to day one of the path to a better me.

Replies

• soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    welcome.. you will find it easy to stick around.
  • Scarlettbird50
    Scarlettbird50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. portion sizing is my downfall too. I like to eat healthy but tend to eat too much even of healthy foods.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If I were in the restaurant biz...I would struggle too. Feel free to add me if you want.

Are you in MN? You must be pleased about the new Vikes stadium finally getting the thumbs up! :smile:
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new journey!! I'd like to suggest the group "eat more to lose weight". Once i listened to these folks, changed my numbers, and started eating the correct calories, I've been losing ever since. They have some really great tools, and answers to questions you haven't even asked yet.

Good luck!!
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the party.. Lots of great folks on the site. Please add me as a friend.

Hummm you run a resturant, now would be a great time to add "healthier items" to your menu. Which would make you eating choices even better.....Something to think about.
  • Jneyse
    Jneyse Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome! and Good Luck!
  • jjdrury1007
    jjdrury1007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I love using My Fitness Pal, it has been amazing for me. I have struggled with my weight since the birth of my fourth child. You would think chasing kids all day would lead to losing weight, but it hasn't My husband found this for me, and it is actually the first thing I have tried that has actually worked for me. I am on week two and although I haven't lost a significant amount of weight, I have lost a significant amount of inches... which is awesome.

Don't get discouraged if the scale fluctuates, just keep working at it. You will start to see results just like I have.
  • jimhollisga
    jimhollisga Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We are all here for encouragement. I am building a support network of friends who truly understand the struggle and challenges we face. I agree with your post - in fact - I could have written it!! Would love to connect as Friends here. I'm in GA.

Jim