ALWAYS on the go! I need some food for this

Options
Hey beautifuls!! I was wondering if I could get a list of some good foods to store in my house. I consulted with a nutritionist months ago, and she enlightened me on good things to eat for diet & weight loss.

Foods I mostly eat: dark green salads, carrot sticks,egg/eggwhites almonds, low-fat cheese-sticks, tunafish, white-lean chicken, & hummus, frozen fruits, bananas, fiber one cereal, low fat milk, protein powder, orange juice, and eating right dinners.

I am a full-time student with a job on the weekend, so it's very hard for me to find the time to sit down & cook, (If I even can cook.. welcome to college life. Frozen dinners are our best friends. WHERE ARE YOU MOMMY? lol!!) I am available to cook in the evening for my second snack & my dinner, it's just morning & my afternoon snack/lunch are what puzzle me. I'm plateauing right now, and I heard switching up your diet can affect majorly! (I'm also going to be switching up my exercise routine.)

I started off at 165 lbs (I'm 5'7") and I have dropped down to 154, but since I am at a healthy weight it's becoming harder to lose.

ALSO, I drink 8 cups of water a day if any of you are wondering.

Do you think it's possible to get to 147 by July!?

Replies

• secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Well, I cant help u out on easy things on the go to make to eat, cuz I have trouble in that area as well...
    But for the part on its gettin harder to lose. weight... Yea I noticed that YES it gets wayy harder to lose the weight the less you have to lose.. Cuz I started out only having 20lbs to lose and now im down 5 pounds finally, but it took 4 months to get it off.. As your body will start to tone up and build better muscle.. Also, It could be you know your not eating enough.. I know when I first started I was eating only 1200 calories cuz I thought ok, DIET you know you have to eat less and workout.. NOPE so not true.. Infact we need to eat more so now I eat around 1400-1700 calories per day tryin to work up to 1900 which is what I need to consume to lose weight while doin Insanity Workouts.. So yea.. But no matter what just stick with it.. eventually u will get there :) You have done great already
  • strive2behealthy
    strive2behealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump bump bump.
  • strive2behealthy
    strive2behealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Also, thanks for the reply. I've noticed my stomach always grumbles and it really pisses m off HAHA. I know that sounds so dumb, but I've actually never found eating so annoying. I was up till 3AM the other night constantly having to get out of bed and puttinf something in my stomach because it wouldn't shut up. It's just really hard for me because I'm not a cook, can't cook, and I don't really have a lot of time to learn right now. I'm so busy with finals coming up, & work turning to full-time soon that my food really needs to be "on the go."
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    One of my fave quick snacks lately is triscuit thin crisps with the laughing cow flavoured cheese wedges as dip. Sometimes I have that and a salad for lunch.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love cheese sticks, atkins sweet and salty almond crunch bars, berries, boiled eggs, almonds. I eat low carb so I avoid granola bars, cereal bars, etc. I try to pack little things in my purse though if I know I may be out when I could get hungry.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Can you cook after class?
    All my cooking was usually done at 9:30pm after my night class hah.

Wraps are easy to make, I usually put one in a container then throw whatever veggies on it.
    Since you eat meat I think pre-making them with meat and/or cheese than bringing veggies/dressings separate will keep it from getting soggy.

Also I love granola bars for snack, but you have to be careful with calorie counts!

=]

Forgot to answer your question about dropping 12lbs in about two months, yes it's possible but if you're really close to your goal don't beat yourself up if you don't make it because weight loss does slow down then.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Goosiesnougs Posts: 420
    Options
    Cup of Oikos plain yogurt with a scoop or even half a scoop of flavored protein powder is FANTASTIC. It sweetens it up and is very filling. If you're wanting to incorporate fruit in it my favorites are ripe blueberries, and crushed pineapple.
    Nuts are also easy and pretty filling if you can portion them out and not down the entire can like I have a tendancy to do!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hey beautifuls!! I was wondering if I could get a list of some good foods to store in my house. I consulted with a nutritionist months ago, and she enlightened me on good things to eat for diet & weight loss.

Foods I mostly eat: dark green salads, carrot sticks,egg/eggwhites almonds, low-fat cheese-sticks, tunafish, white-lean chicken, & hummus, frozen fruits, bananas, fiber one cereal, low fat milk, protein powder, orange juice, and eating right dinners.

I am a full-time student with a job on the weekend, so it's very hard for me to find the time to sit down & cook, (If I even can cook.. welcome to college life. Frozen dinners are our best friends. WHERE ARE YOU MOMMY? lol!!) I am available to cook in the evening for my second snack & my dinner, it's just morning & my afternoon snack/lunch are what puzzle me. I'm plateauing right now, and I heard switching up your diet can affect majorly! (I'm also going to be switching up my exercise routine.)

I started off at 165 lbs (I'm 5'7") and I have dropped down to 154, but since I am at a healthy weight it's becoming harder to lose.

ALSO, I drink 8 cups of water a day if any of you are wondering.

Do you think it's possible to get to 147 by July!?

I got one of those refrigerated lunch boxes that you put in the freezer at night to keep my food cold during the day. And I usually have sandwiches, non fat yogurt fruit almonds. And invest in a small plastic storage set of bowls with lids. Then you can take what ever you cooked for dinner the night before or some oatmeal, or quinoa or rice or even soup. The possibilities are endless when you have a way to keep something cold and cart it around. And you said you are in school so If I remember right you can heat food up in the microwave in the cafeteria? And when all else fails. Almonds are my go to snack to get me thru till I can sit down and eat. I am a mom who works two jobs and has 3 kids so I know what you go thru. And my jobs are as a food server. We dont get lunch breaks. Yesterday I worked 9 hours straight thru with out a break really bcuz it was mothers day. Good luck
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't have much time to cook except on weekends, so I cook big and eat leftovers for most of the week. I also make my lunches for most of the week on Sundays so that I can just grab and go with minimal prep.

Do you have access to a fridge at lunch or throughout the day? Or maybe you could get one of those insulated lunch bags to carry your lunch/snacks in? I used to travel a lot and wouldn't always have a fridge so I would try to plan my snacks so that I ate my cheese or yogurt in the AM so I didn't worry about getting it in the fridge.

Here's some ideas based on what I eat (some are dependent on a fridge/cooler and others are more portable).

Hard boiled eggs (cook a batch once a week and keep in the fridge for breakfast or mix with plain greek yogurt for egg salad)
    Turkey bacon - can be cooked in a minute in the microwave
    baked oatmeal - cook a batch, freeze, then pop in the microwave or let thaw at room temp in your purse/bag and eat in the pm
    dry cereal in a baggie
    triscuits or other whole wheat crackers
    fruit/veggies (grapes, strawberries, apples, pears, carrots, celery, cucmber slices, etc)
    yogurt (esp love greek yogurt)
    cheese sticks
    nuts (almonds, pistachios, walnuts)
    granola bars - I like the Nature Valley with Protein ones
    100 calorie popcorn bags (sometimes I eat a big bag for dinner by itself too - real timesaver, just watch the cals)
    salads - I premake them on Sundays and just add the meat and dressing in the morning to have a little variety
    sandwich w/ deli meat

For dinners - I do something like make a quick hot sandwich (fried egg, egg salad, grilled cheese or toasted PB&J are fav's), cook up some whole wheat pasta with tom sauce and a meatball or two (I buy the frozen bag and just pull them out and microwave for a minute), or eat leftovers from the big meal I made earlier.

Big meals are things like stir fry or something in the crock pot (stew, pot roast, etc).

Healthy food and snacks on a tight time budget are totally doable, you just have to plan it out very carefully! Good luck!