P90X transition to "Insanity"!!!

Options
Hi guys just completed P90X with good results lots off muscle gained
And a respectable 17lbs weight loss!! Started Insanity this morning
And wow these 2 programs couldn't be more different!!! Looking to touch
Base with anyone currently doing Insanity or completed or those looking to start
For support!!! Have a great day!!!

Replies

• Andrew_Hale_For_God
    Options
    I did P90X for a short time and also Insanity. I didn't have accountability and support and ending up getting slack. But I do think Insanity was a whole different game plan than P90X. I wish I would have stuck with both.
  • rogarr
    rogarr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just started doing P90X a couple weeks ago....how are the two different? Is one harder than the other?

just wondering...thanks !
  • thor3698
    thor3698 Posts: 8
    Options
    P90X will work on overall conditioning and muscle building. Insanity is pure kickass rediculous max intensity cardio with less emphasis on muscle building. A real fat shredder suppose to be!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    With Insanity it is almost all cardio based, so you may lose some strength and muscle you gained during P90X. I would suggest following the P90X schedule, but subbing in Insanity workouts for Plyo, Kemp, and Yoga.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I have done both, twice. You are right, they are two different monsters. I lost the most of my weight doing Insanity. Between the two of them, I prefer Insanity.
  • keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round with insanity and I LOVE it. Lol. P90 just wasn't for me, I own it but hardly use it I think it's a great program but I can't get into it. I do use the shoulders and arms and plyo from p90 but I just love the intensity of insanity. I have a 6 month old who I have to schedule workouts around so for me insanity delivers an amazing workout in a hour which is pretty much a nap for my son. Good luck !!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Insanity is quite possibly the hardest work out dvd out there. That said there are many people who do P90X first then move on to Insanity. Insanity is great for leaning out. You may lose so muscle, but you will still stay pretty strong. Good luck. If you have any questions let me know.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I just purchased Insanity. Can't wait to get it!! My son, who is very fit, is going to do it with me.
    I'm sure that he will be ripped in 60 days. LOL.. I know that it is going to be hard, but I will not give up!!!
  • plyosteph
    plyosteph Posts: 17
    Options
    So I completed P90X for my 21st birthday 2 years ago and had amazing results. I stuck with it the whole 90 days and replaced my fat with lean muscle. I was never really "fat" but being only 5'3" with a softball player build it is very hard to get that "lean" look. As for Insanity, it is definitely a good transition after doing P90X but I believe you need additional motivation because the program is structured so differently. I couldn't stick with it unfortunetely. Which is weird to say for it being 60 days vs. 90 days. But it all depends on what you're looking for.

Anyway, let me know how it works for you. I might give it a whirl again but as for now I am redoing P90X. Due to moves and people borrowing DVDs I am missing YogaX, and KenpoX so I have bought the Jillian Michaels version of each which is AMAZING. It is a nice little mix and change of pace from the P90X redundancy, while still getting the intensity. You can even just buy them off Amazon Digital Store and watch them right on the computer.

Good luck!
  • W1llW
    W1llW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got board of P90x as in the same living room and that trying bootcamp luckly I dont have to scedule around a child. Did you lose much doing the programms?
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Definately two different monsters. I loved Insanity. The first time I did a workout I totally thought I missed the warm-up, that in and of itself was enough to kick my butt.
  • meliibabii87
    Options
    I definitely want to try insanity! I think it will help me a whole lot, especially to build some energy after a while!
    I am going to try and get a copy this week!
    =]
  • mjoekidd
    mjoekidd Posts: 45
    Options
    I have done both twice. I am now in my 3rd go at Insanity but it is a hybrid plan this time around. I do Insanity and weight train. Previous post illustrated the differences between the two but I would like to say that you can expect a drop in muscle mass and strength switching from P90X to Insanity. You will become super ripped but you will lose muscle mass (legs and chest) and especially in your back.

I prefer Insanity over P90X. You will shred fat :-D

P.S. - expect a super boost in endurance and stamina after completing Insanity. You will also become quicker and more agile. If you play sports you will most definitely notice the difference.
  • thor3698
    Options
    Oh did I mention I'm 51..... Heart and desire of 25 year old. Yea I realize I'll lose some muscle on Insanity but at this point I have more of the fat to lose than anything else. So I'm gonna get that off and do P90x rotation righ after to build back up.
  • thor3698
    Options
    If u haven't been doing anything to this point plain and simple the 1st week will make u or break u. Just do what u can and DO NOT quit. Get past that first week and you'll notice a huge difference. Good luck man!!!
  • TyB73
    TyB73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am doing the P90X/ INSANITY hybrid! Best of both worlds!
  • lambch0ps
    lambch0ps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi-

I've been doing P90x for 2 1/2 weeks and have not lost a pound! Did that happen to anyone else and did they start losing after that? On the beachbody.com message boards there are so many suggestions for eating more v. eating less. I was eating about 1200 cal/day when I started but kicked it up to about 1800 because I was getting way too depleted. It really doesn't make sense to me that I should eat even more if I'm feeling good. Should I switch to Insanity or do hybrid? Is that why you add Insanity TyB73?

Thanks!
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    i actually gained muscles doing insanity. depends on where you are weight-lifting wise, cardio-wise, and what your weight is.

I was in good enough cardio shape to take insanity on, but it definitely whipped me into Insane shape. What an amazing 60 days it was!

Now i'm done with that.. I do insanity max days 2-3 times a week, I go to gym and lift for 40 minutes, run for 30, 3 day a week, and just run for an hour on the other 1-2 days.

Youll see that insanity is a total body work out (including the heart!)
  • grvideen
    grvideen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    TyB73 do you like the hybrid? I have done P90X a few times, and I just finished X2. I ordered Insanity to get a change of pace. Do you recommend trying Insanity alone before doing the hybrid?
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    in your case, if you did insanity alone youd likely get more cut and defined, but lose a bit of mass.. IF youre ok with that DO it. Because you will lose more body fat, and youll be able to quickly put on mass when your done and look better than you did before..

also.. wouldnt you like to say you legit "did" insanity? It's one hell of an accomplishment ;)
    TyB73 do you like the hybrid? I have done P90X a few times, and I just finished X2. I ordered Insanity to get a change of pace. Do you recommend trying Insanity alone before doing the hybrid?