A year after losing 1/3rd my body weight [follow up!]

Options
124»

Replies

• NattyBo
    NattyBo Posts: 41
    Options
    Final weekday bump since I kinda posted this on a Friday afternoon! Hope people wont mind.

As an aside, and something I forgot to put in my original post - if you use MFP and it works for you, tell your doctor about it! Mine has been recommending MFP as a weight loss/fitness tool to other patients since I told him about it.
  • michelechavez
    Options
    I showed MFP to my doctor when I saw him week before last. He said he is aware of MFP and thinks it's a good idea.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Good advice. Good luck at getting to your goal weight!
  • considermac
    considermac Posts: 59
    Options
    Cool beans. Thanks for sharing! Great job!
  • lrforge
    lrforge Posts: 17
    Options
    You look fantastic! GREAT job!
  • littlehokie
    littlehokie Posts: 79
    Options
    That's awesome! BTW, your bead hid your double chin before. :-P
  • BriHealthy150
    BriHealthy150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congratulations! I was 306 too and in January I decided to change that. Now I'm at 245 and still going. You're an inspiration! :)
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring to know you've kept it off. I have over 100lbs to lose and I'm so happy to see you smiling in that last picture!
  • merls74
    merls74 Posts: 25
    Options
    That is awesome man! It helps to hear other men have the same issues and that they can be overcome! You are an inspiration!
    Thanks for posting this.
  • misstangieb2012
    misstangieb2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look amazing...Such an inspiration to me. I have a weight lose goal of 100lbs and to see someone else do it let's me know I can do it too. Good luck to you and much continued success.
  • Marvalm3
    Marvalm3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will say the biggest thing, that most people DO NOT want to hear, is that totally cutting soda out of my life, 100%, including diet, was probably the biggest help. I did it right away and havent gone back (yes, everyone can have the OCCASIONAL diet coke or whatever with dinner or in a mixed drink, but other than that, no), and I think it's a huge part of my success. All I drink these days is water, juice (on occasion), coffee, and alcohol. Not at the same time obviously! :D

Amen to this.
    Freeing myself from soda was one of the best changes I've ever made in my life. People really will fight tooth and nail to keep the soda, glad you discovered that it wasn't worth it!

Up until a few months ago, I had soda almost every day. Not a lot ... maybe a bottle in the afternoon when I started to feel a little tired. I also treated myself to a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato about once a week.
    I started getting really bad chest pains and justifiably freaked out about it. The Dr. sent me to get an endoscope procedure done because she suspected that my pain was GI related, and she was right. The GI doc wanted me to take prilosec daily to control the acid reflux. Because I didn't want to take a daily medication, I cut back on a ton of acidic foods and drinks that I loved. I haven't had a drop of soda, and went from 3-4 cups of coffee a day to just one.
    I feel so much better! At first I really craved some Pepsi, but now the thought isn't even appealing. I would much rather have green tea if I'm not drinking water.
  • sehuff08
    sehuff08 Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations! I, too, cut out soda first thing and it has helped a LOT. I actually cut out drinking anything on a daily basis except water - and my two cups of coffee. I just can't bring myself to cut out the coffee. I have exceptions, like if I'm at a family get-together and such, I'll sometimes have a soda or other beverage, but it's pretty much just water for me all day and it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I actually feel pretty rotten if I have soda now. Plus, it's just really sickly sweet!
    Keep up the good work! I'm halfway to my goal and then we'll see how I do maintaining!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome. And I love your sensible approach. Thanks for posting this!
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    This is really amazing. I love reading all the success threads, but I rarely see a follow up thread like this one. You are an inspiration. Congrats!
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    WTG!! You look great!!!
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Outstanding and inspirational WTG! Posts like your's always keep me motivated not to quit. :D
  • debpul
    debpul Posts: 6
    Options
    Incredible effort; amazing stamina to keep it all off. Well done!
  • beenisafe
    beenisafe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    amazing. u look great. thanks for sharing.
  • Slimwithin0408
    Slimwithin0408 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Well done :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!