Protein Shakes . . which one?

Options
I'm interested in taking a protien shake, im not looking to build muscle I want to LOSE WEIGHT, I'm trying to lose over 60 lbs, I plan on using the shakes as a snack in between meals, or in place of a meal if I dont have time to prepare a meal.

Is this a good way to use protien to lose weight?

and what good brand?

I've been looking at Target's Market Pantry Whey Protien

Replies

• evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using GNC Total Lean Shake 25.
  • littlehokie
    littlehokie Posts: 79
    Options
    shakeology! I'm convinced it's full of magic. Even when I've been out recovering from gallbladder surgery and can't work out, I've still been losing just by drinking it daily.
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    Lisa Lynn Fitness shakes....awesome
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    GNC lean shakes I agree...TRUST ME I've tried everything or you could choose slimfast 3-2-1 bottle shakes their good:)
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Weight & Inches - bought online
  • MrsAmySchoener
    Options
    I'm with Evelyn, I also drink Total lean 25 from GNC. The peanut butter chocolate is good, the chocolate is good, the strawberry is a little chalky, but good, and vanilla is good :) You can get it ready made, or simply make them yourself. I recommend if you make them yourself to buy the Total Lean Shaker, mixes them MUCH better! I also use coconut milk, not water... MORE PROTEIN!

Good luck!
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I use Super Advanced Whey Protein. But that's because it's cheap.
  • ICECE2
    ICECE2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do the slim fast high protein shakes pre made. They have great flavor. I do it as meal replacement. In the mournings i make mine smoothies adding fat free yogurt and fruit. I lost 8.8 lbs my first week! GNC makes a good powder though if you are looking for powder and not pre made. But i noticed that anything under 20g of protein for the meal ( shake replacement) will leave you hungry much faster.
  • MrsCrystal84
    MrsCrystal84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also use Super Advanced Whey Protein, vanilla flavored from Walmart. It doesn't taste bad to me but I add fruit to it.

Smoothie Recipe
    1 scoop of whey
    1 cup of water
    1 cup of banana
    1 cup of berries or other fruit of choice
  • Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I use Beachbody Tropical Shakeology but there are 3 different flavors and this is my best one
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How many times a day are you having the shakes? In place of a meal or between? Thanks
  • Strider56
    Strider56 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Vega - Whole Health Optimizer. It is Vegan and has some of the best ingredients for your body out there. They modified the mix a bit in the past couple of months and now call it Vega One, but it really is better for you than most of the other "protein" powders you can get out there. Tons of greens, all "raw" foods, etc.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Premier Shakes, 160 calories and 30 grams of protein.

You don't want to bother with anything that has more than 200 calories and less than 25 grams of protein.

Also watch the fat and sugar levels of the drinks.

Best of Luck!
  • MsPinVa
    MsPinVa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Whey is best, just make sure the sugar and carb counts are low (this is the muscle building factors) I have yet to find one that tastes good. :)
  • danajones1900
    danajones1900 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    in between
    How many times a day are you having the shakes? In place of a meal or between? Thanks
  • danajones1900
    Options
    thats exactly what i am afraid of, i would like to enjoy the shake, not chug it! LOL
    Whey is best, just make sure the sugar and carb counts are low (this is the muscle building factors) I have yet to find one that tastes good. :)
  • danajones1900
    Options
    Awesome!

I've been very concerned about consuming a protein that has ton of chemicals in it, i try to eat everything in it original form, minimal processed foods, but so far, all the protein shakes seem to be loaded with "other" ingredients.
    Vega - Whole Health Optimizer. It is Vegan and has some of the best ingredients for your body out there. They modified the mix a bit in the past couple of months and now call it Vega One, but it really is better for you than most of the other "protein" powders you can get out there. Tons of greens, all "raw" foods, etc.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Body by Vi shakes. It's a powder, and you mix it with different things to produce different flavors. The powder itself tastes like cake mix, and it gives it a cake batter flavoring. My favorites are Butterfinger (which is almond milk, peanut butter, and fat free butterscotch pudding powder with ice) and peanut butter chocolate (same as butterfinger, but fat free chocolate pudding powder).

It's available by mail order subscription.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Do you like coffee? I hated shakes but needed extra protein so I bought Unjury protein online and mix the choc powder with skim milk to make a yummy creamer for my coffee. It is a very low cal way to get your protein shake in without having to gag down a shake. I usually have 2 cups every morning. It is yum!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    As others said, watch carbs. Most of the shakes will give you way too many for a shake.

Premier Nutrition is by far the best tasting and best macros I have found. I pick mine up at Sam's Club but I've heard Costco has them as well. Less than 3 carbs, 160 cals and 30 grams of protein. Most can't come close to that and taste as good as these do. I get the RTD do not sure how well the powder mixes up.

Everyone I have turned on to these absolutely love them. Give them a try, it is worth your money.