What do you guys think?

Options
StephL0711
StephL0711 Posts: 141
So my husband is in the military and he's been gone for the past 4 months! He finally comes back tomorrow and i'm making him his favorite for dinner so yes this will be my first "free day" to indulge since he's left. Now im contemplating making him his favorite dessert (which is pumpkin pie), but i don't know if i should make it since im already making an indulgent meal and i know i will want a piece if i make it. He is actually going to join me on my "healthier lifestyle" , so should i make him his fave dessert, since i wont be making any desserts any time soon? sorry for the rant lol, so what do you guys think?

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I would make it in a heartbeat...ENJOY it!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Enjoy your time with him. Get back on track the day after.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    do it .. you both deserve it .
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    You can celebrate with pie when you get your husband home after 4 months! You have my permission.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I say go for it! You haven't seen him in months so it's a celebration! If you feel you need to, then do some extra exercise during the day so you don't go too far over.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    P.S. just found this recipe for lower calorie pumpkin pie! http://lowcaloriecooking.about.com/od/desserts/r/pumpkinpie.htm
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me???? (said with a huge smile) ......celebrate with pie, kisses, hugs, more pie.....enjoy every minute of each other!!!!! (thank him for his service from all of us on MFP)!!! :0)
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES YOU GUYS!! OFF TO BAKING I GO!!!!

PS. thanks for the healthier recipe jeepy ! i will be making it that way in the future
  • ghiaguy
    ghiaguy Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm thinking his favorite dessert will NOT be pumpkin pie. ;-)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure you are supposed to be dessert and that sex should be your biggest priority at this point. I mean, just make him a ridiculously awesome american sandwich afterwards
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES!!

This is an occassion of celebration hun!!! Enjoy dinner, dessert and your hubby. :wink:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Just make a new healthier dessert. You don't need food to celebrate every moment in life.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Do it or the terrorists have won! j/k. Yes, definitely do it. You both have been through hell and back with him being overseas. You deserve to celebrate in style. :) And thank you for your husband's service!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Just make a new healthier dessert. You don't need food to celebrate every moment in life.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking his favorite dessert will NOT be pumpkin pie. ;-)

:wink: :heart: :wink: :heart: :blushing: :blushing: :wink: :heart: :wink: :heart: :wink:
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Let the healthier lifestyle start tomorrow. It's not everyday that someone comes back from a 4 month military deployment.

And get a couple gallons of gatorade to address that thirst issue that comes from being away for 4 months.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Make it.

You're going to burn it off later anyway :p

Plus, one 500 calorie desert isn't going to derail your progress.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, go for it, you both deserve it.
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else! Make it , enjoy it and have fun!!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Make the pie! You only live once. Enjoy yourself and celebrate the occasion!