Fellow Wine Lovers

I know that alcohol intake is a tough topic when trying to lose weight. I still drink a glass of wine a couple of times a week. How do you wine lovers do?!? :bigsmile:

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,843 Member
    Yeah, wine is still in my arsenal....plus a little is good for you, raises HDL.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    I've been cutting mine with club soda. It's pretty good!
  • DawnM62
    DawnM62 Posts: 60 Member
    have cut down massively try to stick to one glass with my evening meal and no more than 4 times a week

at least that's the theory sometimes I do fall off the health wagon like tonight "might as well finish what's left in the bottle and have a dry night tomorrow"
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    I can still fit in a glass of red wine a couple nights a week...it falls into my macros/calories. I can attest to the HDL raise, mine's over 100mg/dL! But to be fair it's more due to my high mono:polyunsaturated fat ratio
  • kleverkira
    kleverkira Posts: 41 Member
    It's definitely one of my weak spots. I really should cut down to 5 drinks per week rather than 1-2 a night. I think I would feel better and find the weight dropping off more quickly.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    I have about 4 glasses per week of red wine.
  • I do love myself a glass of wine every now and then!:love:
  • ibanezmike
    ibanezmike Posts: 4 Member
    I know that alcohol intake is a tough topic when trying to lose weight. I still drink a glass of wine a couple of times a week. How do you wine lovers do?!? :bigsmile:

I'm a bit of a wine nut and collector, so cutting down the vino consumption has been hard! I log each glass, and definitely drink less during the week. However, by drinking less wine I can increase the quality of what I buy (and drink) and enjoy that on the weekends!
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Mental health can be just as important and physical health... Wine provides a great BOOST to my mental health about 3 times a week.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Gewürztraminer! Haven't had any for a while, but when I do, I keep track of the calories!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Mental health can be just as important and physical health... Wine provides a great BOOST to my mental health about 3 times a week.

Amen to this^^^^
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member

I drink a glass of red wine a couple of times a DAY, and I'm having no problems losing weight.

Since I don't intend to give it up once I've lost the weight, I won't give it up while I'm losing the weight.
  • phantasia01
    phantasia01 Posts: 18
    I heard somewhere that alcohol isnt fattening for everyone so this must depend. :-/

However, its one of the things i have the hardest times letting go of! LOL

• Since I don't intend to give it up once I've lost the weight, I won't give it up while I'm losing the weight.

Yes, this. I have a moderate sized glass about 5 times a week and an occassional beer. I haven't lost a pound the whole month I've been doing this though, and it's tempting to cut out the alcohol. Then again, it's also tempting to cut out the food! But the point was to learn how to maintain so I'm trying to keep smaller portions of what I want in my life and wine is certainly one of them.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I have a couple of glasses a couple of times a week (I average a bottle a week to a week and a half). I like white wine, and I add ice to it to water it down a little and make it last. I also like champagne too, which is pretty low in calories. Only 91 calories for a glass.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I never stopped drinking red wine and lost 30 pounds and have maintained that loss for over 3 months and counting! I never intended on giving it up for ever so why give it up while losing weight? As soon as I lost the weight I would have just started drinking it again, so me and wine had to learn how to peacefully coexist! :happy:
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    My Red Wine is my weekly goal for every friday night :) I think I´ll become mental sickness if I can´t get it...maybe with some cheese...yammi :)
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    I love wine, but try to drink it ( or any alcohol) only on weekends.
    My main problem is sticking to one glass. One glass usually opens the doors to some tasty cheeses and more wine.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    I try to not drink wine (or any alcohol) during the week...which usually ends up with me drinking a bottle on Friday nights...but that is my cheat day so it works out...
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    It seems like since I have cut my calories back I don't have to drink as much to get that relaxed feeling. :drinker: