bottom heavy girls

Options
Hello

i was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to lose the fat on my legs, *kitten* and hips. I used to see a Personal trainer but he was so much into strength training that even though my arms and stomach slimmed, my thighs actually got bigger which was annoying.

I read somewhere about my body shape being "endomorph" and i should focus more on cardio rather than strength training. i am prone to bulking up on my legs but i was lean slim legs not muscly thick looking legs.

any advice?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Seriously.. strength train. You will not get bulky if you are eating in a deficit.

The problem is, you still have fat on your legs.. if you strength train and lose the fat, then your legs won't be that bulky. I know because I'm also bottom heavy, and my legs are not bulky by no means.

My recommendation, strength train(both top and bottom.. other wise you will be disproportionate looking) eat a moderate deficit(250-500 calories a day) and do cardio a few days week.
  • apham16
    apham16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What I do is do both strength train both upper and lower and I have seen a difference on my whole body. So I agree with Dad106, do both, cause it does help.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You are going to lose weight ....wherever you lose the weight. Sorry to say ... it's genetics. Some of us will NEVER have thin thighs (this is me) .... maybe you will have thin thighs. A perfectly proportioned body is not guaranteed (without surgery). All we can do is lose the weight & tone up what we've got. Toned looks better than flabby anyday.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    im not sure that never having thin thighs is true.. my sister had a very athletic physic and large muscley thighs from sports she did and then she decided to take up running and it changed the shape of her legs completely.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and SQUATSSSSS.....DROP EM LOWWWWW
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    Options
    All good advice, but sometimes it's just your body type.