How was your weekend??? Mine... Not so good :'(

Options

Replies

• briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Overall, not so bad. But I did have a few times that I gave in. I went to my niece's birthday party on Saturday and couldn't keep my hands out of the chip bowl. LOL. Then I had a hotdog. Then I finished it off with a nice piece of birthday cake. On Sunday I was feeling really emotional thinking about my mom who passed away some years back and headed straight for McDonald's for a burger and fries. But on the good side, I did get up early Saturday morning and go to my gym. I've never got up and gone on a Saturday. So I was happy I did that.
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    Friday I went way over because we had Chinese for lunch and grilled burgers for dinner but I still did good because of my exercise. I was under on Saturday and did 8 hours of yard work. Sunday I was under but no exercise. Today.. Down 2 lbs.
  • MikkiMcCoy
    MikkiMcCoy Posts: 45
    Options
    Graduation parties, birthday parties, Mother's Day equals lots of food and NO exercise! This weekend was pretty bad. It seems like I ate EVERYTHING and didn't track anything! Today is a new day! HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?

I did the same thing :( But you know what, today is another day. Just get up, dust yourself off and start over again!!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I drank my weight in ounces in beer (literally) and hate fried food for the first time in a very long time. I was contracted to make a cake (free time hobby/extra money thing) and sampled the merchandise several times. Feel guilty, heck no. Just got back on the wagon today.

My weekend was fantastic. Fun, entertaining and very social. What weekends should be, before all of us got obsessed with diet and exercise.

You can't beat yourself up for having fun (or what I like to call "living"). This isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle. It's a forever thing and every once in a while we are all going to get off track. And actually that's a good thing. Because if we didn't we wouldn't be human.
  • yourpalacf
    yourpalacf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My weekend was wonderful! Oh, you meant food... yeah, didn't do so hot... That's okay though! I've already declared this day "Damage Control Monday" for all of us who enjoyed our Mother's Day weekend :) Let's get it back on track!

I like "Damage Control Monday."
  • gogirl110
    gogirl110 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mother's day not so good for me went to a buffet and ate way more than I should have. Today is a new day and I am right back on track this morning with my water a green tea and a protein shake for breakfast.
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    Saturday wasn't terrible, but I didn't even bother logging what I ate yesterday :-/ Let's just say my family is from the south, and we had dinner at Grandma's last night. LOL
  • mjoekidd
    mjoekidd Posts: 45
    Options
    I had graduation parties Friday and Saturday. Vodka and sprite, vodka mixed with cranberry juice, jello shots, vodka mixed with vodka, lol. TOO MUCH VODKA!
  • hdmamma09
    hdmamma09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My weekend was not good ate all. Mother in law in ER and had to have a house sitter for 24 hours due to father in law having surgery and admitted to the hospital for recovery. So with mother's day cake, and being away from home and no decent food at mother in laws. food was crappy choices. But today is a new day. I will make this. I can do it and I will this time.
    :ohwell: :frown:
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great post topic....

I had girls nite out on Friday...yup drinking and Mexican Food, not good right...So I was thinking ok I'll just get up and go to my 90min. Bikram's Yoga class at 9AM.......got in at 3AM...Now you guys know that aint happen I was hungover from Friday stayed in the bed all Saturday. Sunday was no good either...

But it's Monday and I am back up on the saddle....."Who with me!" Lets do this.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Weekends seem to be SO much more difficult. I still make sure to track everything to keep it in perspective though. I felt SO guilty when I logged a deep fried Snickers!

Just out of interest, how many calories in a deep fried snickers? :sick:

My weekend was not too bad, very good on Saturday even, not so good yesterday, but I suppose between the two days it was reasonably balanced. And now it's Monday, back to the grindstone.
  • Sapph1re
    Sapph1re Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Between Saturday and Sunday I ate 6558 calories and burned 1086 via exercise. I went over my calories by 1952.

Guilt? Nope. Starting fresh today? Yep.

I definitely don't feel guilty about anything I ate (especially the carrot cake cheesecake from cheesecake factory :-)) Its much easier to stay on track during the week. I think indulging a little on the weekend isn't a bad thing. It gives me a little motivation to push myself harder the other 5 days of the week!
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Weekends seem to be SO much more difficult. I still make sure to track everything to keep it in perspective though. I felt SO guilty when I logged a deep fried Snickers!

Just out of interest, how many calories in a deep fried snickers? :

Surprisingly it showed up as 440 calories which I thought would be higher.
  • rlwinton
    rlwinton Posts: 101
    Options
    I went up to Dallas to say goodbye to friends and family, as I am moving from Texas and boy did I eat and eat and eat!!! I didn't log anything and I said "yes" to everything - but today is a new day and I am doing good so far!
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had quite possibly the most stressful weekend I've ever had at work...both good and bad stress. I didn't eat well. I didn't pig out, but I didn't fuel my body the way I should have. I just finished a Jillian workout and I'm ready for more! Boy, did I miss working out! But I ran my butt off at work, so at least I wasn't sedentary :ohwell:
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I was on antibiotics so I didnt drink. Its amazing how much of a difference that makes for me! not only do i not get the calories from the drinks but i also dont eat tons of crap like i usually do when i drink.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Exercise this weekend was great - hiking and spending time shooting various different guns/target practice.

Food - eh no bueno, but then again what do you expect when you go camping.

Today is a new day - and just keep looking forward!!!
  • namowrepus2002
    namowrepus2002 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this topic was posted...mine was not good either...it started out with a hike which was great but then we went over to our friends place and ate Chinese food. And then I had wine on Mother's day which causes me to go ahead and eat more than I should. I am at a point I'm ready to say I will not go out to eat or visit with friends for three weeks (it takes at least that long for something to become habit).
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My weekend wasn't too bad. It was one of the first warm summer days we've had this year so I got lots of fresh air. Except for the Mothers Day bbq (steak....mmmmm) Pepsi, and chocolate, it was good! But even with those things I stayed close to my goal for the day. I don't regret one bite.
  • PurpleCoookie
    PurpleCoookie Posts: 334
    Options
    pretty nice I made sure to stay under maintenance :D