Do i really need to eat those extra 500 calories?

Options
Maybe I shouldn't eat the extra 500 calories that I use everyday for breastfeeding because i am not losing weight. Anyone in the same boat as me? Any suggestions?

Replies

• linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I dont eat the extra 500 every day but i try not to be under goal either because my milk was depleting which takes priority over my weght loss.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Depends on what is more important to you - nourishing your child or losing weight. Cut those 500 calories out, and you could very easily diminish the quality and or quantity of your breastmilk.
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I ate 200 over and drank lots of water. No milk issues. 500 seems excessive.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I would eat at least some, considering you're not just feeding yourself.
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The quality of your breastmilk will never change!!!! It is liquid gold from beginning to end in my opinion!

Quanity may change possibly.

I never lost weight while BFing... however I wasn't watching my calories either. Yet both times I stopped BFing, my weight sky rocketed with no change in my diet! So I must have just been eating like a cow the whole time and the BFing was keeping me from gaining, but I wasn't losing either. I was always hungry while nursing. So I had to be burning calories!! But I was eating them back as fast as I was burning them. lol!

Try only eating an extra 250 instead of 500 and see what happens! :)

I agree with the water intake also! Water intake would affect my supply sometimes
  • RavenSimone90
    Options
    Ok i'll try the 250 for a week or two and see what happens..thanks girls