Always over on protein

Options
I am always over on protein. Is this going to hinder my weight loss? My protein intakes ranges from about 95-105g a day.
I am also trying to stay at about 100-125 Carbs a day and 24g of sugar or less. Is this a good idea?

179108.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can adjust the carb-protein-fat ratio under custom goals or under settings. MFP sets protein pretty low. Maybe someone else will chime in on what ratio you should be eating--it will vary based on your goals & preferences.
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have been reading the Jillian Michael's Master your Metabolism...and she said to keep it to 40 carbs, 30 fats, 30 protein....so I am trying to keep to that...some times I do go over my carbs though...maybe that will help???
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I was actually reading were if you increase your protein intake it helps you loose faster.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I set mine to 45 carbs, 30 protein, and 25 fat. That seems like a nice balance to me.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I set mine to 45 carbs, 30 protein, and 25 fat. That seems like a nice balance to me.

This is what I set mine too as well. Occasionally I will still go over on protein, but I have not noticed it hindering weight loss.
  • shellybelly83
    Options
    Extra protein wll not hinder your weight loss- it can help it. You don't want to do it long term as it can cause health issues. The reason they say the high protein/low carb diets are unhealthy is because of the Atkins diet where people ate a lot of unhealthy fats. That is not good for you, but a healthy diet a little higher in protein is okay.
  • SaritaChiquita
    SaritaChiquita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice! :happy: