I fell off the wagon....but I'm climbing back up!

Options
So I haven't been doing so well the past.month or so. I haven't weighed in at all, so I don't know for sure how much I've gained and my pants still seem to be falling off of me , but I'm pretty sure I've put on a few of the pounds I've lost :-( I just haven't had much motivation lately. I know there's no excuses...but it's stress eating. We found out a month ago that the house we're renting will be sold to a developer and they will be tearing the house down. We have not gotten official word that we have to move, but we know it's coming....so we've been looking for new places. Along with the kids end of school chaos, camping, etc....it's been crazy.

So I have decided....TOMORROW, I WILL BEGIN AGAIN! I noticed that I haven't been feeling as good, not as much energy, and just "bloated" all the time. I felt at first that I failed, but I am hoping that if I begin again, it's not a failure....just a setback. I had a partner in my hubby, but he has seemed to give up completely after losing 70 pounds. He doesn't seem interested anymore but I notice the change in attitude with him as well...no motivation, cranky, tired all the time, etc. I had a partner in him for a healthy lifestyle, but as most other things he begins before I do, he stops when I jump on the bandwagon.

I have decided...you know what? I'm doing this for ME and if he wants to quit, then he can quit. I can't tell him what to do. I have helped give him the tools by doing the cooking in the house, but he's going to continue doing what he wants anyway....time to pick myself back up, dust myself off, and get back into it....for ME!

Replies

• jmedavis1
    jmedavis1 Posts: 13
    Options
    I feel the same. Feel free to add me as a friend. I need more! :)
  • jcreedy
    jcreedy Posts: 15
    Options
    I just got back on the wagon too! I am going to add you as a friend...I need help getting motivated and STAYING motivated. Ugh.....it is so hard! Let's help each other!
  • chloeelebeir
    chloeelebeir Posts: 130
    Options
    Fell off the wagon as well, but this is my second time on MFP and I'm in it to win it! I'd be happy to provide motivation and support! Feel free to add me!
  • sailorsiren13
    sailorsiren13 Posts: 460
    Options
    we all fall off but the important thing is you got back up feel free to add me!! we can help you deal with your stress.
  • ICDATTCWSM1971
    Options
    Sounds to me like we should all form our own little (starting over) group! I feel the EXACT same way! What do you think girls???? Add me if you're interested!!!!
  • biluking
    biluking Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my wagon was rocking the streets like a ferrari but got distracted...........
    but now it is taking charge of the streets like a dodge charger........................ ;-)
  • westnancy
    westnancy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    All we can do when we fall off the horse is get back on. It's happened to all of us. Good for you that you decided to do this for yourself. That's what we have to do. I cook for myself and cook differently for my husband. I am doing this for myself! You can do this...I am praying for you and your family!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.
  • angelheaven23
    angelheaven23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have decided to start again and today was my first day back! I have just been allowing myself to eat whatever and I still exercise like a mad woman but I have put on about 10 lbs and my summer capri's and shorts that I bought a couple of months ago are now "a little snug" to say the least LOL. I need to get a hold of this now before 10lbs creeps to 15 and then 20 and so on. I never want to go back to where I was after I had my 2nd baby 16months ago and felt like a fatty.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Same boat here. Feel free to add me.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Same thing here! But I'm back at it! Good for you!!
  • lindsayb0422
    Options
    Same here! I was doing amazing and feeling great and totally fell off the wagon. Unfortunately this tends to be my pattern. I start feeling great and looking good and then I just quit. I'm starting over too. I'm going to add you :smile:
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU to everyone! I'm glad I'm not alone in this! We haven't been eating "horribly" but I really need to get back to having more veggies with our meals, more fruits, and get back to my greek yogurt & spinach salads! I'm actually looking forward to it :-)
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I've been off the wagon for a few weeks myself. I exercised today and I'm determined to eat right and log tomorrow. It's so hard to stay motivated 100% of the time! You are not alone!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I've sort of been struggling lately myself. I've just been feeling a little frustrated, and find myself falling face first into a bag of sour patch kids :/

Feel free to add me!
  • sistersuziestaci
    Options
    Today is day 2 for me. I am determined to loose the 30 lbs I gained in the last two years and then some. I have also decided to do this for me instead of for the guy that wants me to look smokin, although I am looking forward to the next time I see him and hope that his jaw drops in amazement at my gorgeousness. ( He is in another state so we only see each other twice a year)