New to this.. and looking for tips.. :D

Only signed up to this tonight... .Im hoping to lose about 40-50 pounds.... If anyone has any tips i would appreciate it... thanks

Replies

• ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Hey, welcome!

My tips: 1. be honest with yourself and track everything. 2. stick with it and stay positive!

You can do it!
  • makainui
    makainui Posts: 31
    you have come to the right place!!! awesome support system here, i absolutely love it!! people are great and the motivation they give is amazing and the funny thing is, you get motivated just by reading their comments without seeing the actual person :) its a very friendly site...add me if you want to :) have fun and enjoy the healthy journey!!!
  • I am wondering the same thing:) I would like to see someone who has lost 40-50 pounds, how many cals they eat a day and how long It has taken them. I know everyone is different and it depends on activity level... but I would love to have real examples:) MFP suggests I need to eat 1200 to lose 1.6 a week. I have lost 3 pounds since Tuesday. I have went over my calories twice this week. I am trying to eat really healthy so I can eat more but it seems some days I want to eat more than others. Today I have only eaten 800 calories and I am not even hungey. I am having to make myself eat some tonight so Udo not go way below.
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    I signed up 100 days ago and have lost 40lbs. Here is my tips. Dont set your calories too low-I made that mistake in the begining. If your working out get a polar heat rate montior so you can have an accurate calorie burn to log in. Although you can eat more when you work out try not to do it too much. I bought a food scale and I found it very helpful. I found buying certain foods made it easier in a pinch. Make sure you eat 5-6 times a day. Have a late morning snack and a afternoon snack. This will increase your metabolism.

Here is some of my favorites foods I keep around:

Tyson frozen chicken tenderloins-Two tenderloins is a serving size
    Turkey burgers that use all white turkey
    flat bread rounds-only 100 calories
    egg beaters
    frozen vegetable- to stretch out any meal with little calories
    I keep a couple of Healthy Choice frozen dinner around-just in case I dont have time to cook, but I always add extra vegetables.
    Fiber one brownies for that chocolate cravings
    Skinny Cow Ice cream sand.
    Reduced fat cheese sticks
    Cocoa Covered Almonds.Buy the 100 calorie packs and keep some in your purse in case you are hungry.

Good Luck. I have 10lb to go. This works but you need to stay honest. Dont have a cheat day for awhile. It is pain at first but it get alot easier.
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    I have lost 40. Force yourself to eat more calories. You will slow down your metabolism if you dont eat enough.
    Take it from me I started off at 215 and now I am under 175 in just 100 days. How much are you working out?
    That matters. I started at 1200 calories but my trainer told me that is was too low. I did eat more on days I worked out. I
    raised my calories and I lost just as much if not more. Stay in it. This program definitely works.
  • Great information! Thanks for the tips:)
  • Dublink5
    Dublink5 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tips Guys.... Very helpful.... Hopefully im as successful as you's have been...........:smile:
  • pennlindy
    pennlindy Posts: 2
    Hello all I have been a member since April and just now started to look at the community boards I am finding that looking at this gives me a lot of ideas for new things
  • Ahumphrey41
    Ahumphrey41 Posts: 17 Member
    Dublink5 I am glad you asked for the tips! Thanks guys. I will change my calorie intake now. Good luck Dublink5!