feeling down, how mch w8 did you lose before noticing

Options

Replies

• Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    It's funny that you posted this, because just the other day I decided to fish a compliment out of my boyfriend.

I said, "Hey, so I've been dieting and lifting weights for over a month now, do you think I look any better?"

He said, "Yeah, I know you have. You've really stuck with it. But to be honest, you look exactly the same."

...Total Bummer.

Just remember, one day we will look awesome and it will all be worth it!
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not down a lot but have very similar goals. I am at about 170 now and notice my "skinny jeans" hang looser and my muffin top is almost gone. That's neat for me. So like 15 pounds or so. Pictures got me though to this point though. Hang in there! :)
  • Baumgartner0707
    Baumgartner0707 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's hard to see it on yourself since you body shape doesn't change that quickly. Trust the scale, how your clothes are feeling, and trust when other people start noticing..and they will! I am down 54 lbs and I finally see it in my face, but since my shape hasn't changed it's harder for me to see the differences. Keep it up! You can do this:)
  • az18
    az18 Posts: 1
    Options
    Although I recently got myfitnesspal and started tracking my results...I've been working out for 13 months now and have lost about 43 pounds. I started seeing a difference after 15 pounds...but didn't think it was that significant. Others saw it more than I did. I personally saw a huge difference once I hit the 25 pound mark...but even now sometimes I look in the mirror and I don't know if its shock or what...I feel like I haven't made that much change. Other days I think I'm a completely new person. It's honestly how you look at yourself. Don't beat yourself up...every pound makes the difference!!!

But for my own sanity...I started recording everything. Every time I dropped a pant size I would record my weight, and I realized about every 10 pounds would equal dropping one pant size.

Record these small changes...and then you can look back on them and realize that every step you take is a step towards the right direction.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I started buying new clothes after about 25 pounds, and people started noticing after 50-60.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The main difference I noticed was in my thighs at 15 pounds, but my mom visited me after I had lost about 7 pounds and she said I looked thinner even then.
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    ur 185 now? i didnt start really noticing till now that im 170 from 206 and i still feel fat lol i hope i feel better 20 pounds from now. But to answer your question id say anywhere from 25 to 30 youll start noticing. If youre smaller youll obviously notice faster.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    It's hard to see it in yourself, since you look at yourself every day and the change is gradual. I noticed when my pants starting sliding down my hips a bit and I could finally fit into that smaller pair :laugh: But I still look in the mirror and don't believe I've changed. Then again, as women, we are our own worst critics!
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's the Paper Towel Principle.

Every sheet in a roll of paper towel is the same size, thickness, shape. You can use half the roll before it looks any different to you though. After that, it's easier to notice it's getting smaller. Near the end, every sheet makes a difference.

Fat is kinda similar. :)
  • Vanessadk0604
    Options
    I've lost 17 lbs and i haven't noticed at all yet. A few of my friends have said they have but they know i'm trying so i think they were just trying to boost my ego. lol i'm thinking i should see something around 30 lbs.

Hang in there, Its a slow process but its a process that works :-D
  • gettingthinandfit
    Options
    I didn't really notice a difference until around 20 pounds were lost. It's a process that will pay off, just keep pushing. Let your mistakes and frustrations motivate you!
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm down 18. I still don't see a difference, my clothes fit just a teenie bit looser, & nobody says "you look like you lost some weight". It's a little disappointing, but I am more proud of myself for actually trying for more than a week & getting myself involved in exercise than anything. Eventually it will happen for all of us & we'll look in the mirror & wonder who that hottie is looking back at us! :wink:
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My sister saw something on Pinterest and keeps telling me this:

It takes 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for your friends to notice and 12 weeks for the world to notice.

Or something like that. HANG IN THERE!
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20, and the only real thing I've noticed was my arms.... I feel like the rest of me looks the same. but I saw someone yesterday that *I havent seen in 3 months, and he commented on how "I looked like I've lost weight, and was lookin good" - my husband and I chat on Skype, and he mostly only sees my face, but the other day I stood up and walked across the room, and he says "holy $h*t! You're a skinny-minnie!!!"

Sometimes its just in our heads because we see ourselves every day,. Keep workin at it, and eventually you can look back at your before pics, and will notice a change!
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Every sheet in a roll of paper towel is the same size, thickness, shape. You can use half the roll before it looks any different to you though. After that, it's easier to notice it's getting smaller. Near the end, every sheet makes a difference.

Ilove that comparison.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options

Genius
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    major difference in my midsection and my feet (yes FEET :huh: ) but very little visible difference anywhere else. i've been taking measurements though so there have been changes. 25 pounds down and i can OFFICIALLY say i need a smaller pant size all over.
  • KaydeeMehl
    KaydeeMehl Posts: 88
    Options

Ilove that comparison.

i do too!!!!!! and i totally understand and agree!!!!!! hopefully ill be down 20lbs by sat...my mini goal is to reach 170 by sat (but i dont see that happening.) I recently started metformin so the weight has been literally melting off!!! I went from 193-184 in 9 days!!!!
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I'm tall 5'9, so it took a lot for people to start noticing and for my clothing size to change. I started in a tight 16, probably should have been in an 18. After 20lbs my 16s fit. After 30 lbs I could finally wear a 14 and people started noticing. It was very discouraging. Now it seems like every pound is noticeable. I've lost 38.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi there.. I feel your pain! I've been there several times in the past few months. If I have a day where I feel like this, usually within the next day or 2 I notice something a little different and it picks me up. You could try taking some photos and comparing them to some older ones.. you might see something you hadn't previously noticed. I I seem to be losing 'top down' - first noticed face, then neck, then shoulders, then top of arms (though my thighs have really lost a lot, I look at my face more, so noticed that. There was a big change in my face somewhere between 9 and 23 pounds. Maybe try looking at parts of your body that you don't often look at too... you may see something really surprising! Hang in there! You can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!