if your new you must read this

Options
Hello my name is Robert Bartley and i would like to say to you don't give up on this program it,trust me when I say that cause I started this 5 days ago an lost 12 pounds already

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    Options
    that is too much
  • Jess22207
    Options
    you shouldnt be losing that much weight in that amount of time...you could be putting your body in starvation mode. losing that much weight is very unhealthy!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Sometimes this happens, many times when you start new, and a new diet is involved, the combination of lowered food amounts, far lower sodium amounts, and new exercise routines can cause dramatic weight loss in the first week or two. I would be concerned only if you were eating a very large calorie deficit (like over 1000 calories or so less than maintenance, NET calories). Otherwise, this does happen sometimes, but usually after the initial large loss, the process steadies itself out.
  • Robert29
    Options
    I think it's good Iost thst much weight in 5days Im not starving my self I eat 3 meals a day and a snack but I also walk 4 mile's a day and workout in the fitness center 3 times a week
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    just be careful & make sure you are eating enough.

thanks for the add! :wink:
  • Jess22207
    Options
    well then i take back what i said and im happy for you!! :flowerforyou:

keep up the good work!!
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I usually lose that much or so when I start watching my intake. It's mostly water weight, but it's still good to lose. Congrats!! Just don't expect to lose that much every week. It will slow down, but it will still come off.
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    He's a man. He doesn't retain water, has no PMS, mood swings, etc :laugh: I keep telling ya'll that men lose weight FASTER than women because their bodies are built differently than ours.

Robert, I work for the Army/Civilian (so don't salute me :wink: I just 'added" you as my buddy. You NEED someone to motivate you? I'm your man (uh, you know what I mean :laugh:

We cannot "judge" least he be judged himself. All I wish at my end is....Blessings!

Eva :flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Robert,

Congrats on the fast start. No doubt some of it is water, but it is a great motivator to see the scale MOVE in the RIGHT direction!!

BTW, to the poster who said men don't get PMS. I used to believe that til I worked for someone (male) who once a month became an unpredictable twit. I swear he must get sympathy pains on behalf of his significant other :laugh: :laugh: I no longer have to deal with it because I no longer work for him, but feel for those that do.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Back to you Robert-- Best of luck on your program. You are right --MFP DOES WORK-- and my ticker proves it !!:drinker: :drinker:
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That's a fabulous start! Congrats!!!!
  • cammy
    Options
    :smile: Hi my name is cammy and i just started a diet plan 3 days ago,I decided that it time to lose the weight and keep it off.my weight has got out of controll about 65 pounds.
  • Robert29
    Options
    Thany you