Being busy and finding the time

Options
It's not easy to juggle so many things at a time.
I work from 8am to 4:30pm
I usually go to the gym after work
and in the evenings, I go back to the office to work on personal programming projects.
And then; there's always some social event or personal thing that I like to go to.

Lately, I've been a bit lazy on the cardio work and being so friggin tired, I eat a little more than I should.

It's not always easy to keep the motivation levels up. I am thinking of trying to move my workouts to the mornings and going in to work a little later.

What works for you guys?

Replies

• Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm for 6am so I have time to get my exercising in before work. If i wait till after work it's too easy to blow it off.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    The only way I manage to get so much workout time in is because:
    a) I cycle to and from work, for a total of an hour a day, five days a week
    b) I do a bootcamp 3 days a week in the mornings before work

I fit in a few bits here and there in addition, but I find having a routine is really necessary for me, as if it is just left to me to force myself to the gym I can find excuses. The bootcamp is great because there is an expectation that I will be there, so it motivates me to get up in the mornings.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I work 15 hour days pretty regularly. Always on a Tuesday, and on some other days throughout the week. Other days are at least 8 hours, usually more.

I find I'm definitely an evening person. Sometimes, I just shift my workout back to 9pm/10pm, though I also don't go mad at myself if I can't fit it in one day.

I did try doing early mornings for a few weeks, and I can't deny it felt good to have my workout done before 7am in time for the start of work, but after a few weeks I found myself trying to ignore the alarm and dreading getting up. So, my workouts have gone back to the evening when I know I won't mind doing them.
  • Sclason
    Sclason Posts: 20
    Options
    It is very hard to juggle life and working out. I work either 4P till 4A 3 days a week at 1 job, 7A-7P 2 days a week at another job, plus 6P-6A 1 day a week at my 3rd job, plus I have a family. I tend to skip work outs and eat junk because its convenient and I need sleep. However I do try and go in streaks where I work out 5 days a week for a few weeks and then revert back to laziness again!