Girls, a time of the month question?

Options
124»

Replies

• Tara_Janel
    Tara_Janel Posts: 48
    Options
    usually 2-3 pounds and it goes away as soon as i am done.
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know after my weigh in tomorrow.
  • lcroftraider31
    Options
    This is probably the reason why I only lost 1 lb on my last weigh in. The week before that I lost a shocking 9 lbs and that was my first week of joining MFP. On my second week, I did pretty much the same thing I did on my first week but with very minimal result. I thought maybe my body is going against me already. Two days later, which is today, I got my period. Hmmm.....
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    This is probably the reason why I only lost 1 lb on my last weigh in. The week before that I lost a shocking 9 lbs and that was my first week of joining MFP. On my second week, I did pretty much the same thing I did on my first week but with very minimal result. I thought maybe my body is going against me already. Two days later, which is today, I got my period. Hmmm.....

Your weight loss will slow down the closer you get to your goal weight. First week losses are usually very big then it slows down considerably. Just keep plugging along. :)
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    2-6 lbs
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    wow 10 is a lot...

are you hydrating more than usual and watching the sodium right before TOM hits?

that should help a bit (high fiber and exercise too), but still 10? That's quite impressive.. i bet if you ask your mom she'd say she experiences(ed) similar too.

k no kidding, i was wondering wtf TOM meant untill this guy posted it and i finally put it together. lmao! ...i bloat like crazy and want to eat alot more. i feel aweful and dont want to lift or do anything strenuios really cause it makes me feel a little paranoid about matters, lol. i see about a 2lb gain.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Usually like 3lb to 5lbs. I avoid weighing until its completely over or the numbers freak me out.
  • _Schatzi_
    _Schatzi_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    3-5lbs. It's ridiculous. I've banned weighing myself anywhere near then. Bad, bad idea that leads to disappointment and confusion.
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate anywhere from 5-15 pounds. I have Crohn's which always flares badly at that time too (talk about a double whammy). So if I don't chart times and watch what I eat around that time I am sick as a dog. My family knows to just leave me alone. I swear, I go from loving wife & mom to raging ***** who wants nothing more than alcohol, chocolate and sleep.
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    I've Gained as much as 20 pounds.. I usually gain 10 and it last for 2 weeks.. its hard for a scale addict like moi :sad: :grumble: :yawn: :huh:
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    I don't really weigh myself, but today I took measurements and my waist is an inch bigger than it was last week which made me start crying. Lol, I should be starting mine tomorrow or the day after and I am glad it is warm enough for stretchy dresses.
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    I gain 7lbs then go back to normal x
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    nothing, I never notice a change at all
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 2 to 6 lbs for me.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have magically been losing weight during my period. Even more confusing is that so far, it has stayed off.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    2-5lb every month. Drives me crazy!
  • sfb2510
    sfb2510 Posts: 28
    Options
    How much of a "gain" do you do you see on the scale when you are on your period?

Or do you gain at all?

I gain around 10 pounds on my period. Whenever I see it, it freaks me out, even though it goes right back down afterwards haha. Just curious if that happens to others to this extent?

I gain around 1kg when periods arrive and it hovers around the same weight until they finish. Its the body retaining water.

Once they go though, it goes down by just over 1kg.
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How much of a "gain" do you do you see on the scale when you are on your period?

Or do you gain at all?

I gain around 10 pounds on my period. Whenever I see it, it freaks me out, even though it goes right back down afterwards haha. Just curious if that happens to others to this extent?

At least five lbs
  • impossibianca
    Options
    bump