Breakfast ideas

Options
i need help with breakfast foods. I like to stay around 250 cals. I always eat the same stuff. Egg whites. But I'd like ideas for new stuff to try. Thanks

Replies

• aly7512
    aly7512 Posts: 1
    Options
    I really like oatmeal for breakfast...but now that it isn't as cold in the northeast, I started drinking Carnation Breakfast Essentials (love the chocolate flavor, but I'm going to look for the sugar free version next time), right now I am enjoying Peach Chobani Greek Yogurt. It has 14g of protein, 140 calories and taste like dessert! You could probably have it with some granola or fresh fruit. I'm always looking for quick breakfasts since I am in the office by 7:30am and don't have time to really make/cook anything in the morning!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    try skipping breakfast altogether once in awile. The myth that breakfast is mandatory has been proven to be false. I started skipping breakfast on my way to intermittent fasting and like the results.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    fruit
    oatmeal
    yogurt
    vegan links or patties
    hard boiled eggs
    bacon-real or turkey
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Also if you're not opposed to peanut butter...some are, you can have a slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter. I usually use low sugar/low sodium brand
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake every morning for breakfast. Like you, I didn't know what to eat anymore, and I am not a fan of eggs. But I love my shakes! I use 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and 1 tbs peanut butter. That alone is around 240 cals but sometimes I will add a handful of berries or spinach. It still keeps the calories below 300 though and fills me up until lunch.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • viviangirl
    viviangirl Posts: 10
    Options
    My favourite breakfast is either cereal or oatmeal with a few spoons of greek yogurt, berries, cinnamon and peanut butter.
  • ntaylorut
    ntaylorut Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have started eating a frozen breakfast sandwich made by Jimmy Dean. It is ham, egg and cheese on a wheat english muffin. They are only 210 calories and are really good and quick. They are kind of expensive ($5 for a package of 4).
  • tt_net
    tt_net Posts: 5
    Options
    Tee
    Coffee
    Fruit
    Protein shake
  • crystallambeth
    crystallambeth Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thomas english muffins (100cal) & i add
    2 turkey sausage patties..and a fruit..
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have 1 of 3 things.

1. Oatmeal with Turkey Bacon (190 cal)
    2. Make my own breakfast sandwich - sara lee 45& delightful bread, 1 egg, 1 piece of turkey bacon (195 cal) and cheaper than Jimmy Dean....If you want to change it you can use 1 piece of bread and add .5 oz of cheese for a total of 200 cal.
    3. 2 mini breakfast scrambles from Schwans. 195 cal for 2 and that's plenty for me
  • keb03053
    keb03053 Posts: 4
    Options
    I start every day with a bowl of Kashi Go Lean (just the regular one, not the Crunch or Crisp kind, because it adds too many calories for me). Throw in some fresh strawberries, blueberries or bananas with half a cup of skim milk and I'm full until lunch for around 200 calories. I also love peanut butter on multi grain toast.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Dont necessarily have to have regular common breakfast-food type items, you can have anything you want really.

I love a good salad with freshly cooked salmon or chicken for breakfast
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    That sounds yummy. Where do u get the shakes
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    I have a piece of wheat toast, with a slice of american cheese, and a fried egg (over easy), it is around 222 calories and very filling. I add a cup of coffee with fate free creamer and add another 30 calories and I am good till lunch.
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit dairy free smoothies are my daily breakfast.
    Mangoes, all kinds of berries, bananas, pineapple, kiwi, peaches, etc mixed with almond or coconut milk.
    Generally around 250 calories max and fill you up for hours without weighing you down with all the processed chemicals.
  • dmanning0819
    dmanning0819 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Get you an omelet maker that you can pop in the mcrowave and add your favorites. I bought one and I absolutely love it!

You can also do peanut butter on toast which is really feeling and sometimes a slice a banana on top.