C25K Training

Options
fran1515
fran1515 Posts: 130 Member
I just completed Week 5 day 3 and for those doing the C25K we all know what that is a 20 minute run. I have been wondering all week how this would go.
I started off with my 5 minute warmup and then started running, I had my Ipod on with some music and started slow and when I had my breathing under control I speed up a little and then just got lost in the nice day. When my program said start to cooldown I continued to run and ended up running all the way back home for a total of 32 minutes of straight running,
Including the warmup I covered 3 miles with 2.75 miles of it running.I have always been athletic but believe me I was no runner.
If I can complete this than I know you can..............
I am so looking forward to my next run and my upcoming 5K in 3 weeks I know I can do it and so can you, stay positive and believe me you will complete

Replies

• thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I'm going to attempt Week 1, Day 1 tomorrow but for the treadmill (little ones at home). I have NEVER been athletic but my heart has quickly become accustomed to regular walking (I use a HRM) so it's time to bump things up a notch.

I look forward to being where you are. :flowerforyou:
  • Sclason
    Sclason Posts: 20
    Options
    I started this last week. I am starting week 2 and I feel like im not ready to move up yet. Don't feel like my breathing is under control and my ribs and side hurt after my runs. On a plus side I dont get migrains when running which used to happen. Got that part figured out!
  • verapamil
    verapamil Posts: 94
    Options
    This is great to hear! I'm currently on week 2 and running for even 5 minutes seems impossible at this point (although running for 90 seconds seemed nearly impossible 3 weeks ago). How do control your breathing? I've been trying to time it with my steps (in on right foot, out on next or 2nd right after that) but after a bit, I'm so out of breath I feel like I just need to breathe fast to catch up. I love the program though and can't wait to run my 1st 5k!
  • Sclason
    Sclason Posts: 20
    Options
    I am working on that too. I try in 2 steps out 3 steps but so difficult to coordinate!
  • MadCheernGurl09
    MadCheernGurl09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded this app on my iPhone and i'm so excited to start tomorrow! my other 5k app stops after five runs and it would also mess up.
  • chrissayya
    chrissayya Posts: 28
    Options
    Just did Week 1, Day 1 today. Awesome work! I used to be a runner but I let it go..along with a lot of other healthy habits so I thought this would help! I could have kicked myself for giving up running after the first day was so hard (a year ago it would have been a piece of cake)! But one foot in front of another until we get there :) It's great to see people having so much success on the program!
  • brasskim
    brasskim Posts: 39
    Options
    This is my next run and am scared to say the least! I could barely finish the 8 minute runs this morning but the hills around here are torture. I'm going to run in town where it's mostly flat and push myself to do it. I ran this morning and am wondering if I should go again tomorrow morning otherwise I'll need to wait until Friday.
    I just completed Week 5 day 3 and for those doing the C25K we all know what that is a 20 minute run. I have been wondering all week how this would go.
    I started off with my 5 minute warmup and then started running, I had my Ipod on with some music and started slow and when I had my breathing under control I speed up a little and then just got lost in the nice day. When my program said start to cooldown I continued to run and ended up running all the way back home for a total of 32 minutes of straight running,
    Including the warmup I covered 3 miles with 2.75 miles of it running.I have always been athletic but believe me I was no runner.
    If I can complete this than I know you can..............
    I am so looking forward to my next run and my upcoming 5K in 3 weeks I know I can do it and so can you, stay positive and believe me you will complete