anyone have actual zumba results??

Options

Replies

• jrlja5
    jrlja5 Posts: 59
    Options
    ti bought the dvd last year and found it hard to keep up at first but I found different routine and now I love doing it. but I'm just unsure how many calories I am burning. I have read all these posts and there is a bit of difference in amounts. I only do the 20 min. workout right now and when I put it into mfp exercise log, it tells me its around 543. But I've just read that you get that result from 60 minutes of zumba. does anyone know for sure? If you have any information please let me know. you can add me as a friend if you like.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    You need a heart rate monitor since everyone is so different. I burn between 500-600 for 60 minutes. I just started exercising in February.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    In 4 classes (2x week) I've lost an inch off my waist and my hips...an actual class is MUCH more fun than a DVD or wii, so try it if you can!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I started to do Zumba in October 2011 and wound up losing over 50 lbs from both that, running and diet. I love it, it definitely helps and burns tons of calories. You need a great instructor though. I went through a few until I found one that really was awesome and high energy. Good luck!
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I take a zumba class 3 days a week and for 8 months now and I love it. All the women in our class have lost 30 pounds or more per person.
  • turnerm65
    turnerm65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ti bought the dvd last year and found it hard to keep up at first but I found different routine and now I love doing it. but I'm just unsure how many calories I am burning. I have read all these posts and there is a bit of difference in amounts. I only do the 20 min. workout right now and when I put it into mfp exercise log, it tells me its around 543. But I've just read that you get that result from 60 minutes of zumba. does anyone know for sure? If you have any information please let me know. you can add me as a friend if you like.

Go to zumbacalories.com, they have a way for you to figure out the calories you burn...
  • Kmocha3
    Kmocha3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love Zumba for the high energy and dancing!!! Being able to have fun while exercising instead of the usual torture (lol) made all the difference for me. :-)

My initial results were increased energy and added shape to my waistline. The pounds didn't come off until I started doing Zumba Circuit which alternated strength training & weights between Zumba dances.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    25 lbs lost doing primarily Zumba (5-6 days a week, 50-60 min sessions).
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 inches off the waist with the help of Zumba since the beginning of March! And it is so fun :happy:

(P.S I go once a week and play on the wii in addition.)
  • GullyGirl009
    Options
    I have nice results from Zumba. I go once a week and I bring my exercise belt and sweat up a storm. Zumba has helped me melt away 5 inches off my waist. I do other exercises but Zumba is when I do the most movement and sweating. Anyone who can attend a class with an instructor that loves to move, you are in for a great treat. :bigsmile:
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I use Zumba Wii and DVD's but have a question. I live in a small apartment and it has all carpet. I hurt my foot using my shoes but then injured it worse going barefoot. I have thought off using athletic tape and non-skid socks.

Any suggestions? Thank you!
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do! I go to an actual class a few times a week, along with strength training and diet. See my thread I posted this morning for my pics.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/597790-more-than-halfway-there-44-pounds-gone-with-pics
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been doing zumba at the Y for 3 or 4 weeks now twice a week and I love it. I have dropped a little weight but I also notice that when I am not losing I am not seeing the pound or two gain and then losing the same pound. I really love it. It does take some time to get the moves and I try to stick to the same nights to get the same instructor.my only downfall is that it tore up my cheapy tennis shoes and I need new ones. Anyone have any advice on what name brand to get for zumba?
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options
    I've been doing zumba for the past week and a half, 5 days a week and I've already had some pretty good results. My bum is much more firm (words of my boyfriend and my friend - neither of which knew I was making a conscious effort to change my body), my legs are looking slimmer too. If these are the results I have after a week and a few days, I can't wait to see how I'll look and feel after 2 months.
  • chergarr73
    chergarr73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Started doing Zumba 3 or 4 times a week on the Xbox Kinect in January. I have lost 31lbs, but I don't entirely credit the Zumba...I have COMPLETELY changed my eating habits too...they have worked hand in hand ;) Unlike so many workouts I've tried in the past though, I never get tired of doing the Zumba :) It's FUN!
  • asunnysnowman
    asunnysnowman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You'll lose just like you will with any cardio.
    It's not the best for toning, but it's a great way to get your heart pumping and your legs going.

It should not be your *only* work out, but it is definitely a great asset
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA! I tried it for the first time in November and was instantly addicted to it. Since beginning Zumba and watching what I eat, I've lost 45 pounds in 8 months. I am losing weight everywhere and my legs are getting very toned. I LOVE IT. You should read my blog post about it!
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been doing zumba at the Y for 3 or 4 weeks now twice a week and I love it. I have dropped a little weight but I also notice that when I am not losing I am not seeing the pound or two gain and then losing the same pound. I really love it. It does take some time to get the moves and I try to stick to the same nights to get the same instructor.my only downfall is that it tore up my cheapy tennis shoes and I need new ones. Anyone have any advice on what name brand to get for zumba?

There is a Nike dance shoe you can check out on zappos.com or you can usually find them at any NIke outlet. My Zumba instructor strongly recommends them and so many people in class do too. I currently have a pair of Nike Shoxx which were recommended as well, but from all the pressure I'm putting on my feet, some of the rubber parts are starting to detach from the shoe. I might have to get some of these Nike's myself soon!
  • clskelly
    clskelly Posts: 2
    Options
    a couple years ago I religously went to a zumba class three days a week and cut calories....I didn't do ANY other workout but zumba and lost 50lbs. It helped with the weight loss because you can burn up to 800 in an hour but not only that is really helped tone me.....my stomach was flat and toned without 1 crunch
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I took my first Zumba class in October 2011, and decided that it was WAY more fun than watching the minutes tick down while walking on the elliptical or treadmill, so I started doing it exclusively. Have been going to Zumba a minimum of 3 days a week, to as much as 7 days a week. I have experienced steady weightloss, with slight plateu's, but no real stalls in my progress. I have had a loss every month, including through the holidays! Below is my progress by month:

7.00 August
    11.00 September
    6.40 October
    9.90 November
    5.70 December
    8.30 January
    9.80 February
    4.80 March
    10.80 April
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!