I am a believer now!!! Eat More!

Options
mrsbastone
mrsbastone Posts: 83 Member
I wanna thank the couple people who posted that really long post about eating enough calories for weight loss. For like two and half months the scale barely moved. maaaybe a half pound if that.. I work out 6-9 hours a week with strength training. My diet is clean and consisted of about 1600 calories. So you can see my frustration. i am doing everything I am suppose to, but no results on the scale. So I was at a decision.. go down to like 1300 calories or bump it up to like 1900 ish. I decided the worst that can happen at 1900 calories was i didn't lose weight... can't gain at that amount.. but i can screw up my metabolism going lower. So I for about a month or so I have been around 1900.. I lost about 5 pounds!!! You don't know how overjoyed i am to see the scale move even if it's a much slower pace.

Thank You Again for the informative posts about eating enough calories. I made a huge difference for me!!

Replies

• newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That great!
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yep, hard to believe eating more to lose weight, eh?! I was stalled and someone suggested the same to me. I thought they were nuts! LOL

Keep up the good work, we can do this :smile:
  • Chicrider
    Chicrider Posts: 17
    Options
    Its so true we need to fuel out bodies in order to shed weight.,I eat about 5-6 small meals per day that I pre cook,weight & have ready so I can stay on track. Going too low will cause a stop in any progress. Glad your doing well.
  • Goodkid3
    Goodkid3 Posts: 35
    Options
    Good Tip!!
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    YAY!
  • Yazzy623
    Yazzy623 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Really? I am so scared to do this. Doe this mean to eat more calories period. Or net. Like if I work out, does this mean to eat more because I worked out or just eat my allotted daily amount????
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Incredible but true. Glad you gave it a shot. I increased my calories after "hitting the wall" a few months ago and started losing again.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    yup I lost most of my weight at higher calories =)
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear that it worked for you too! I have the same experience, I feel SO much better eating more and the weight actually comes off. It's pretty much a win-win :)
  • steamlita
    steamlita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It just doesn't work for me...
  • erby2283
    erby2283 Posts: 13
    Options
    Tempted to try this as I have plateaued for the last 2 weeks.....and exercising more is not helping.
  • wowmom23
    wowmom23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It just doesn't work for me...

^^ Same here but I'm really glad it worked for you! Congrats!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    :frown: So, tell me........have some of you had the experience of gaining a pound or two before starting to lose, after you up your calories? Cuz no matter what I've done in recent months, the scale ain't movin'!!! making me crazy.

I have stalled between 159 and 162 lbs for about 3 months.............I believe that I could exercise more, but most days I'm under my calorie goal of 1480 (I picked this after using fit2fat and a couple of other online calculators.) I SHOULD be losing.........but it ain't working very well.

Do I just need to be a little more patient???
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is AWESOME!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :frown: So, tell me........have some of you had the experience of gaining a pound or two before starting to lose, after you up your calories? Cuz no matter what I've done in recent months, the scale ain't movin'!!! making me crazy.

I have stalled between 159 and 162 lbs for about 3 months.............I believe that I could exercise more, but most days I'm under my calorie goal of 1480 (I picked this after using fit2fat and a couple of other online calculators.) I SHOULD be losing.........but it ain't working very well.

Do I just need to be a little more patient???

When I upped mine, I gained 3 right away, then nothing moved for a few weeks, then I lost 11+ in the next month. It worked for me.

Congrats, Mrsbatone!!! I'm happy for you!
  • mamato2babes
    Options
    Really? I am so scared to do this. Doe this mean to eat more calories period. Or net. Like if I work out, does this mean to eat more because I worked out or just eat my allotted daily amount????

This!?
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss! Thanks for posting this.
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have been eating how many calories MFP tells me too when I log my exercise in. I have just started 2 1/2 weeks ago but have lost 2.4 lbs so far.

21948443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    I am so glad there is another "believer"! It's so hard to convince people of this and it's so scary to see these (women mostly) eating 800 and 900 calories a day! Glad you posted it! Congrats too!
    Peace! :flowerforyou: