tdee help

Options
been on the website and its not very clear, it says my tdee is 1541, so is that what i use everyday or do i subtract 500 cals from that to lose 1lb a week? when i type my details into here it says i need 1200 a day, confused?!

Replies

• Yasmineh_
    Yasmineh_ Posts: 43
    Options
    I have the same problem :( Any help would be appreciated
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    been on the website and its not very clear, it says my tdee is 1541, so is that what i use everyday or do i subtract 500 cals from that to lose 1lb a week? when i type my details into here it says i need 1200 a day, confused?!

not sure what you mean by "the website" - if you use the goal setting thing here and put in a weight loss of 1 pound per week what do you get as target / goal food intake ? That's for days with no exercise, enter your exercise here and it increases your food allowance on that day. The 1200 a day is the minimum, so you've given it a loss rate and other info that sets you at or below that.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Hold your horses - you have 4lbs to lose. 1lb a week is too aggressive if you want to maintain your loss at goal. Go for 0.5 or even 0.25lbs a week - 250 cal deficit a day / 125 cal deficit a day. If you got that number from fat2fitradio.com - eat that number - it has the deficit built in.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you have 4lbs to lose. 1lb a week is too aggressive if you want to maintain your loss at goal

well spotted.
  • muskett83
    muskett83 Posts: 12
    Options
    fitness frog.com, theres bmr tdee rmr etc i dont know which one is for what and they're all different :s very confusing. i dont know if i am doing the right thing but ive been sticking to 1300 (approx) doing cardio and p90x and eating cals back to 1300, lost 0.8 this week, so i think thats an ok loss, i want to tone more than anything. any advice would be great and thanks xx