Super Frustrated!! 53 pounds down...40 to go...

Options
Ok so I read a lot...try hard and thought I had this all figured out, but I have been stuck for 2.5 weeks and it finally got to me.

I lost around 40 pounds doing 1200 calories plus eating back some exercise calories...until I got stuck mid-january. After reading all the eat more lose more stuff on here, I upped my calories to 1600-some, and rarely eat back more than 100. I only eat those because based on my BMR and TDEE, I should be eating about 1750. I mentally can't do the 1750 (BMR) every day if I don't get exercise in. I did lose a little more...but very slowly. I generally walk 10 miles a week. Usually 3-4 times....2-4 miles each. I am a stay at home mom to teenagers but I am a clean freak and spend a good 2 hours on that project daily which I don't enter as any cardio or anything.

So...on April 30 I got down to 215.2....TOM came and went in the past 2 weeks, and I am still up 3 pounds...every morning...exactly the same. No loss of the water weight plus some...as every other post suggested would happen. Ugh! I am so frustrated...this weekend I ate all the crap food my kids had for their party. Only went over by 400 calolries for the entire weekend though...and I am extremely accurate counting calories...erring on the side of putting in too many if anything.

So I desperately need motivation...tell me if I stick to it, the scale will move again?!? Or give me tips to get it going...please? My diary is open though go back to Friday for a typical day in my life...or last week anyhow. I still want to lose 40 pounds...and was hoping to ditch 20 before going to Paris in September, but at this rate I could be fatter for the 9 hour flight!!

And if anyone feels the need to check numbers on me...I'm 5'9", 215lbs, 37 years old...and around 45% body fat.

Thanks!

Replies

• cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    So...I motivated myself...bought a bike last night!
  • Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I envy you-losing 40 pounds would be a miracle for me. I haven't lost a single pound. :(
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    53 pounds is pretty impressive ... maybe you just need to change up your workouts. I try to add something new every couple of months. Finishing up Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and have got some awesome abs hiding out under my fat.
  • alysonleanne
    Options
    Ok so I read a lot...try hard and thought I had this all figured out, but I have been stuck for 2.5 weeks and it finally got to me.

I lost around 40 pounds doing 1200 calories plus eating back some exercise calories...until I got stuck mid-january. After reading all the eat more lose more stuff on here, I upped my calories to 1600-some, and rarely eat back more than 100. I only eat those because based on my BMR and TDEE, I should be eating about 1750. I mentally can't do the 1750 (BMR) every day if I don't get exercise in. I did lose a little more...but very slowly. I generally walk 10 miles a week. Usually 3-4 times....2-4 miles each. I am a stay at home mom to teenagers but I am a clean freak and spend a good 2 hours on that project daily which I don't enter as any cardio or anything.

So...on April 30 I got down to 215.2....TOM came and went in the past 2 weeks, and I am still up 3 pounds...every morning...exactly the same. No loss of the water weight plus some...as every other post suggested would happen. Ugh! I am so frustrated...this weekend I ate all the crap food my kids had for their party. Only went over by 400 calolries for the entire weekend though...and I am extremely accurate counting calories...erring on the side of putting in too many if anything.

So I desperately need motivation...tell me if I stick to it, the scale will move again?!? Or give me tips to get it going...please? My diary is open though go back to Friday for a typical day in my life...or last week anyhow. I still want to lose 40 pounds...and was hoping to ditch 20 before going to Paris in September, but at this rate I could be fatter for the 9 hour flight!!

And if anyone feels the need to check numbers on me...I'm 5'9", 215lbs, 37 years old...and around 45% body fat.

Thanks!

You need to switch it up. Walking 2-4 miles 3-4 times a week has become your "routine." Your body thinks that this is what you will be doing to maintain. Just as you clean daily for two hours or so, this is daily routine. For example, I walk to work both ways M-F (5 miles total per day)...I don't count this as exercise after I "plateau" and my body becomes used to it.

Run. Bike. Take a class. Resistance training. These are all things you can do to switch it up. If you like, after a little while, you can go back to your walking/running regimen, or just add things to supplement. I have experienced three plateaus (I'm still KIND OF in my third after 6 months...I'm just adding more muscle than I'm dropping in lbs).

Hope this helps!
  • areaves1011
    areaves1011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck too. And it's making me bored with everything because I keep on eating right and exercising and nothing is happening. I've lost 27 pounds and have been stuck ever since.
  • alucard75
    alucard75 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just looksed at your diary, and I wouold suggest droping the sugar snacks, up your protien and try to switch to black coffee. I also didn't see a lot of fruits or veggies, losing 40 lbs is great, but I think if you had a more balance meal plan you could start losing again. the bike will help also.
  • alysonleanne
    Options
    Also, you only eat three meals per day on average. Split your calories up between 5-6 meals...this makes a considerable difference in metabolism and energy, not to mention, you'll feel less hungry if you eat more often.
  • Koorogi
    Koorogi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Also don't forget that if you ate stuff from the party, if it didn't really have any nutritional value...that's going to stick around a bit longer as well. So keep up with the other stuff and you should see a difference. Just remember that 400 cals over from chips, cake, etc. is going to hang on a bit longer then 400 cals from things like fruits/veggies, etc. Just don't get discouraged, it's a lifestyle, meaning there are going to be ups and downs in your journey. *smiles* You can do it!
  • amandamotley
    Options
    Definitely keep it up! You've made so much progress. I get really frustrated with plateaus too, and know how you feel. Bike is aweosme, and I'd maybe try to change your diet up a bit just to shake things up. (Not suggesting that there is anything wrong with it, just that changing things up always seems to work for me.) What about keeping your calories in the same range but switching up your ratios of carbs/fat/protein?
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes you'll hit that plateau and have to switch things up.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Also, you only eat three meals per day on average. Split your calories up between 5-6 meals...this makes a considerable difference in metabolism and energy, not to mention, you'll feel less hungry if you eat more often.

I do this and it helps me a lot. But 53 is awesome and now you have a bike so ride like the wind.
  • sarajane31
    sarajane31 Posts: 18
    Options
    Do you do any weight/strength training? I haven't lost any weight yet (just starting to count calories today) but I've been doing You Are Your Own Gym for 3 weeks and have noticed a definite change in my body (clothes fitting better, feeling stronger, etc.). Check it out: http://marklauren.com/20-minute-workouts.html
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    maybe you should try zig zagging your calories it worked for me, it is worth a try.
  • cantante_lirica
    cantante_lirica Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't give up hope. Sometimes your body reaches a plateau and needs some time to re-adjust. Stick to what you're doing. After your body realizes you mean business on this diet, it will start letting you lose again! You can do it!:happy:
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have to give you some tough love-- you are not eating like someone who is trying to lose weight. You eat a ton of crap and fast food and sugar, and very little to give your body fuel and nutrition. Base each of your meals around a lean protein-- such as egg whites with old fashioned oats for breakfast instead of non-nutritious coffee drinks or cereal. Get rid of the sweets-- just let them go! I was the biggest sugar addict in the world, so if I can do it anyone can! You can plan one cheat meal a week on the weekend-- but don't just let it happen. You need to decide when it will be, and it's one meal and you're done.

Drink tons of water and nothing else. Eat more often-- every 3 hours is good. There is so much you can change and you will have great results! Did you eat like this after your surgery?
  • Koorogi
    Koorogi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that there are plenty of other exercises out there as well that aren't too high impact if you like things like just walking. I use the Leslie Sansone videos, but then I switch it up with some Yoga that I do with my kids, etc. If you happen to have Netflix there are quite a few workouts available on there as well including the Crunch series, the 10 Minute Solution series and the Yoga for kids...Shanti Generations, which I recommend especially if you're new to Yoga. There are others as well, but your muscles stop reaping the benefits as nicely if they become too accustomed to the way they're being used.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have been changing my life for almost 4 years ( May 22 is 4 years) I have had times that my weight was the same for months and I keep going trying to stay healthy and adding to my workouts as my abilities changed I noticed my measurements did change my BF% dropped and sometimes my skeletal muscle % went up so I was more fit even if the same weight. Frustrating sure go a month hit your numbers nd no weight loss go a week and eat crap and go over your calories and drop 2 punds so you never know.
    I have to laugh at all the experts and the advice my body does what it wants when it wants whether I like it or not
    so I just keep being as healthy as possible and let the chips fall where they may
  • close68
    close68 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hnag in there and keep doing what you are doing and it will come around. Sometimes just doing one little change will make the difference. Keep in mind that the feeling of being frustrated could be hindering you. Relax and just keep eating senisbly and counting your calories. When you are finished entering it in just walk away and think and do something. else. Good luck
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I agree, your body is totally used to the walking.. I never lost much when I walked, even though I did 3 miles a day, because my heart rate didn't elavate too much. I bought a heart rate monitor and that helped a lot, cause I could see that my heart rate wasn't rising very high..

I had to get into pretty heavy exercise routine, running, biking, etc.
  • WorkitoutBev
    WorkitoutBev Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Well I just getting started and this is my 2nd day on this site, actually logging my food. Not sure if I like it or not, having to log everything that goes in my mouth. But I will give it a good try, who knew that the things that I love had so many calories. I guess not me, I made it a habit not to look and now I find myself looking.

I would be so happy to lose 53, please I can't wait to say that I lost 20 lbs. But I'm determine, I have no choice I need to get off all these meds that this doctor feel I need.

I started the gym last week and haven't weighed myself , will do it Friday morning, wish me luck. I'm looking for a good number, but will be happy with anything as a lost.

Bev