Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Poo sammich. Done.
  • plzlbsbegone
    plzlbsbegone Posts: 233
    Options
    I would just start bringing a lunch bag. Keep it with you. But, if all else fails....ex-lax brownies and cat food sandwiches all sound hilarious!
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    Just because you put X-lax in something doesn't mean you are trying to harm someone, You need it for your own use and you can't help it that they stole your lunch. :wink:
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Might not help catching the thief, but might help preventing it: http://www.thinkofthe.com/product.php?name=anti-theft-lunch-bags
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I have a coffee creamer thief in my office. They left my coffee creamer bottle EMPTY! Pissed me off.
    I bought a new bottle. It says on the top of it "this could be ex lax. are you sure you want to risk it?"
    No one has touched my coffee creamer.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    We suspected the cleaning people of raiding our breakroom. I set up spycams. This is what *I* got: http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg488/enigmati/Thieves/?action=view&current=Thieves.mp4

They got: FIRED.
    Shaking some Cholula into the chip bag. Nobody knows their snack foods like Mexicans. :love:
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    We suspected the cleaning people of raiding our breakroom. I set up spycams. This is what *I* got: http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg488/enigmati/Thieves/?action=view&current=Thieves.mp4

Wow...I wonder if they asked themselves "was it worth it?"
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That happened to me a long time ago. I made them a special decoy sandwich that consisted of bread, bologna, and hidden red pepper flakes, HOT HOT sauce, cayenne pepper, etc.

Later that day, I found one bite out of it in the trash. Never happened again!
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    At my work we actually put a big sign on the refrigerator that said "Smile, You're on camera".
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    UV hand stain products. Like this

http://www.blacklightworld.com/Anti_Theft_Powder.htm
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Simple fix.

Make 2 almost identical lunches. add an excess amount of laxatives into what ever you are "having" - ideally mix it into a spread or dipping sauce. Talk heavily about how good it was the other day and cannot wait to eat it again. Keep the real meal at your desk. the other free for all.

Wait for it.............
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    moldy-bag.jpg

Try this. :wink:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options

That video was awesome. My favorite part was towards the end when she tried to "rearrange" the chips so that it looked like none were missing.

Wish I had video of the look on their company owners' and our landlord's faces when they came into the office and watched the video, lol. All of those cleaning people have to sign an agreement NOT to take anything, including food, office supplies, etc, from the offices. It would have been different if they had ever asked if they could have something but you can't let this stuff go on or who knows what else could go missing... ugh.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    they make thief proof lunch bags with 'mold' on the outside haha

take a picture of you licking the lunch and put it on the lunch :] thats what my brother does at work. it was even better because they were oreos and he put the picture under the oreos after the people stole a segment of them. never touched his stuff again haha
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Yes, something with ghost chilis hidden in it would be the best way to put a stop to it. Make sure they can't smell the chilis though. They will be the ones :sad:
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ooo that's sucks they got fired. i always feel bad for people who steal food...because maybe they don't have enough money for their own, ya know? but i also don't have enough money for mine so it sucks either way.
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have enjoyed watching people eat my cat food sandwich before. It was very interesting to see how much the really liked it. The other thing I have done was use invisible ink on my lunch and used a black light to target the lunch taker. It works best if you "forget" you brought your lunch and eat out that day and put it in a spot not everyone will touch it.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    One time, one of the managers was b!tching to one of my coworkers (a friend of mine) about someone taking things that were not theirs out of the fridge. While this conversation was going on, the manager pulled my parmesan container out of the fridge and shook about half the container onto her spaghetti.

:indifferent:

I loved that parmesan.
  • Daizy426
    Daizy426 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Get some "trick" candy or gum, the stuff that turns your teeth blue for a long time. Work it into the lunch, lmao, keep a camera handy, that would be great to see!!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    We have had a few at work. The most extreme.
    We had a suspicion that someone in particular was stealing Gatorade bottles that even had the owners name written on it.

So the Gatorade purchaser. Grabbed an empty bottle, urinated in it about half way stuck food coloring and mixed a little lemon lime Gatorade enough to just give it a feint smell.

Bottle was gone....Bottle was not found ... but suddenly Gatorade was no longer being stolen... the person everyone thought was doing it called off the next morning... strange...