New Father Looking For Help

Options
Hey Everyone,
I am a recent father and it seems that I have gained more weight than my wife! I need help. I need someone or everyone to make sure I log my foods, get my exercise and get rid of this weight.

According to my fitness guide I should be at 1400 Calories for a 2 pound loss per week. This seems reasonable and manageable problem is, I stay on path for 2-3 weeks and then fall off. The problem is my wife doesnt push me to get healthy. She comes from a big family and doesnt think I have a problem... I am almost 40 pounds heavier since we first met 4 years ago, and im only 26.

I dont know what to do, and I am hoping that people will keep me on track. I feel that if I have some form of accountability I will stick to my plan and get back to my normal weight.

As always, I am open for suggestions!

Replies

• destinyw1313
    Options
    I will volunteer to hold you accountable if you want. I am real good at telling you how it is if that's what you need.
  • schm2616
    schm2616 Posts: 3
    Options
    That would be great. Its so easy to just spend time at home with the wife and eat ice cream rather than carrots and a walk. IT would be awesome if you could do that, and I will do the best to do the same if need be!

I plan on starting fresh tomorrow with keeping the log, a new weigh in and exercise program!
  • destinyw1313
    Options
    I actually have kind of the opposite problem. I am underweight. I am on this site to support my cousin and a friend. I have been told by my doctor to gain some weight. I am trying to not eat a bunch of junk to get there.
  • Tiffy_Pea
    Tiffy_Pea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem. My husband and I are new parents, and I'm finally trying to buckle down and lose the weight I'd been meaning to lose before I even got pregnant. My husband is very sweet in thinking that I'm perfect and is quick to point out that I still have my hourglass figure, but that's not really what I need to get my butt in gear and stick with this! You can add me if you'd like, and I'll do what I can to help!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I actually have kind of the opposite problem. I am underweight. I am on this site to support my cousin and a friend. I have been told by my doctor to gain some weight. I am trying to not eat a bunch of junk to get there.

People on this site aren't very sympathetic toward that problem....I however am, I understand that can be harder than losing weight. My friend has been trying to gain weight for a very long time. He cannot gain it in too much fat because his bf% is important for his work and insurance reasons. It can be tough. Good luck to you!!! :)
  • schm2616
    schm2616 Posts: 3
    Options
    You will need to check with your doctor, but I hear that drinking high caloric shakes such as slimfast in addition to your regular meals helps weight gain :)
  • destinyw1313
    Options
    I have a similar problem. My husband and I are new parents, and I'm finally trying to buckle down and lose the weight I'd been meaning to lose before I even got pregnant. My husband is very sweet in thinking that I'm perfect and is quick to point out that I still have my hourglass figure, but that's not really what I need to get my butt in gear and stick with this! You can add me if you'd like, and I'll do what I can to help!

It's not the same for me, but I have had a harder time with my weight issues since I had my twins.
  • destinyw1313
    Options

People on this site aren't very sympathetic toward that problem....I however am, I understand that can be harder than losing weight. My friend has been trying to gain weight for a very long time. He cannot gain it in too much fat because his bf% is important for his work and insurance reasons. It can be tough. Good luck to you!!! :)

I'm not all that concerned with sympathy. I can handle myself.

It is something I have dealt with all my life. I am 6'4" and have had the hardest time staying over 125 consistently. I am currently 140 and happy about that.