Where to hold my cell phone when running?

Options

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just carry it. Like in my hand. I use it as a timer because I'm doing the couch to 5k so I have to time all my runs and walks...

Other than that i would just buy a little fanny pack type thing lol.
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    I usually hold it in my hand... or in my bra :-P Your cleavage is a surprisingly awesome hiding spot!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    running with your cell phone? Are you serious? No way in hell!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend putting it in your bra if you get super sweaty. I did that a few times last summer and my screen got all weird! It was ok after it dried out but hard to read for a few days.

yes this happened to me. my phone wouldn't work for a week eventually it did.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ^^^ that's why mine goes in a ziplock baggie first. works perfectly :smile:
  • laurapgmartinez
    laurapgmartinez Posts: 46 Member
    Options

^^Yup, best invention ever!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

I got one, and love it. It's the pocket I wish my shorts had. Wearing it in my profile pic.

I also saw similar belts (Nathan's Running Belt) at Marshall's for $7.99. They were ~$20 at D*ck's Sporting Goods.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

^^Yup, best invention ever!

I was looking at armbands for my iPhone but this looks interesting. I think I might get one of these instead... since it can hold more than just your phone.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I bought a shirt sleeve shirt with zipper pockets. The one has a headphone hole so I can put the phone in it and plug in the headphones. I got mine at Fashion Bug if you have any around you. I think they might have them online too.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I put mine in my bra, but I turns the screen outwards. That way it doesn't screw up the screen!!
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 bras when i run, so i put my ipod, phone and keys in between them lol
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I am also going to throw it out there that I have giant boobs and my bra is not an option..lol

now you're just bragging, lol! =D
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 bras when i run, so i put my ipod, phone and keys in between them lol

that being said, i dont recommend it, i need a better system
  • HeealthyMee
    HeealthyMee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When I run long distances on my own, I wear a fuel belt to hold my bottles and it had pouches similar to this one:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&q=hydration+belt&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1066980932083774802&sa=X&ei=FvCyT5nmEqr86gGTvLmsCQ&ved=0CMcBEPICMAE

In events which have water tables every few miles, I usually just wear the pouch attachment which has a rear clip to clip on to my pants. I found it at my running store and most should have something similar.

When I didn't have that, I ran with it in my hand. It was a much better option than not having it on me, in my opinion.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If you do accidentally get your phone sweaty and you're worried about damage, or it starts acting funny- stick it in a container of dry rice for 24 hrs- it acts as a dessicant and minimizes damage.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Mine goes in my bra lol i know bad but i know it wont budge there.. but I wanna get the armband for my iphone
  • angrykitty13
    angrykitty13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You could look for a shirt with a pocket in the back. You can carry your phone and a few dollars in it. I sometimes use a wrist wallet when running to carry my house key and emergency snack money although that's not big enough for a smartphone.

If you're worried about safety consider getting a Road ID tag (http://www.roadid.com/) or similar. If you're in an accident it can be invaluable.
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly not saying this to be rude or argumentative...but could you leave it home? How long is your run? An hour, tops? I always leave my phone in my locker at the gym or yoga...whatever it is has to wait for those, why not a run? I know I concentrate on my workout WAY better when I'm not checking for text messages constantly. If you use it for music, like an iPod...well, that's different.

definitely not. common safety requirement these days. A woman running alone should always carry a cell phone.

Good call...no pun intended!
  • wyndilee
    wyndilee Posts: 1
    Options
    i have a running belt, not the water ones but a slim one for my phone, which is also my radio and my id keys ect one like this...
    mine is not this brand but they have them at running stores and are great
    http://www.citysports.com/Nathan-Shadow-Pak/201065/product?ad_id=GoogleBase&gclid=CNOKkajlg7ACFWQ0Qgod3lL5jA
    The Nathan Shadow Pak runners pack allows runners and walkers to carry small essentials, such as an I.D. and a cell phone. It consists of a belted waist pocket that expands to hold any size cell phone, leaving plenty of room for keys and money. Reflective accents aid visibility to traffic.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options

I was going to suggest this. I have an iPhone and it fits perfectly in my SPI belt. Love it!