Women should NOT LIFT HEAVY!

Options
Hey, ladies! I want to know what lifts you do- the sets, the reps, and the WEIGHT.

Here's my Stats:
5' 3.75"
125 lbs (+/- 3 lbs)
Squat: 3x5 at 150
Dead Lift: 3x5 at 125
Bench: 3x5 at 85
Barbell Overhead/ilitary press: 3x5 at 55
Barbell row: 3x5 at 75

I also do:
3x3 pull ups
3x50 crunches
3x12 hanging leg raises
and sometimes I do 3x5 dips
20 mins HIIT on weight days (or I try to)
10 min jog on my "off" days

I totally gave this thread a misleading title on purpose because apparently everyone would rather fight over who should be doing what rather than use the forums to actually talk about fitness related things.

*sigh*

:sad:

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'm not a woman but I squat Volkswagons.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I was about to give you an *kitten* whipping.

Deadlifts: 130 lbs 3 x 6
    Squat: 125 lbs 3 x 8

I am 5' tall
    120 pounds
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm not a woman but I squat Volkswagons.

I am a woman and I squat pandas
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Almost gave me a heart attack!! :bigsmile:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I saw the original thread, but I have a p****
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, they should...how's that for a fight?

New lifter on the Stronglifts 5x5 program:
    Squats: 55 lbs
    Bench: 75 lbs
    Row: 75 lbs
    Overhead Press: 65 lbs (deloading to 55 lbs)
    Deadlifts: 135 lbs
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Hey, ladies! I want to know what lifts you do- the sets, the reps, and the WEIGHT.

Here's my Stats:
    5' 3.75"
    125 lbs (+/- 3 lbs)

I also do:
    3x3 pull ups
    3x50 crunches
    3x12 hanging leg raises

I totally gave this thread a misleading title on purpose because apparently everyone would rather fight over who should be doing what rather than use the forums to actually talk about fitness related things.

*sigh*

Freakin awesome!

But you better bet that if we ever go on a date, I'm paying!

=p
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I am hoping I am not hijacking the thread now but I would like to ask the ladies that are lifting heavy what sort of changes you have seen in your body's? I just ordered NROLFW and reading it it really makes sense but I am still a bit afraid that I won't be getting the body that I would like. I am generally more interested in losing inches rather than weight but I am just afraid that I will stay the same size just with muscles rather than fat....Please don't shoot me down if that is totally silly it is just what I am worried about and would like to have a few opinion on it!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I was all WHAT?:laugh:

5' 9"

5X5
    Squat 200
    DL 165
    BP 95

Rows, press, lat pull downs all around 75

I try to run 3-5 miles two days a week but that is getting hard to do these days.

:heart: Sass
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Here's my Stats:
    5' 3.75"
    125 lbs (+/- 3 lbs)

I also do:
    3x3 pull ups
    3x50 crunches
    3x12 hanging leg raises

*sigh*

Freakin awesome!

But you better bet that if we ever go on a date, I'm paying!

=p

I'll take it!

Seriously, peeps. I posted a thread called "women and lifting heavy" and got NO response. My little jedi mind trick worked! haha!

Men, you can post your stats too. I don't have a problem with it, but I want to encourage ladies to share because it gives me an idea of where I fall....

Sass- DL 165! Sweet! BP 90! Squat 200!?!?!?
    My goals are to squat and DL 200, BP 100.... I think.

Right now i'm nursing a shoulder injury so I'm just fantasizing about lifting and talking about lifting until I can actually lift again :(
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Seriously, peeps. I posted a thread called "women and lifting heavy" and got NO response. My little jedi mind trick worked! haha!
    I didn't see that thread b/c I was at the gym...lifting heavy. Boom!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    I am hoping I am not hijacking the thread now but I would like to ask the ladies that are lifting heavy what sort of changes you have seen in your body's? I just ordered NROLFW and reading it it really makes sense but I am still a bit afraid that I won't be getting the body that I would like. I am generally more interested in losing inches rather than weight but I am just afraid that I will stay the same size just with muscles rather than fat....Please don't shoot me down if that is totally silly it is just what I am worried about and would like to have a few opinion on it!

Hmmm. Well, you can't mail order the body you WANT....you have what you have. You can just make it the best body you can have.

I have noticed that i'm more defined. And I can do things I could not do before.

My waist measurement has *not* changed. But I can see muscle definition that I couldn't before. I only started lifting heavy in February so it's still new for me.

Oh. My BUM is definitely lifted and booty-licious compared to what it was. My thighs are tight and strong. My belly is also harder...not smaller (I don't think) in inches, but definitely more muscle and less fat.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    I didn't see that thread b/c I was at the gym...lifting heavy. Boom!

haha! Touchez!

I'm at work...just fantasizing about being at the gym...
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    ^^Bumping for later.
    :-)
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not a woman, but I have a woman's name... I squat domain names. Anyone interested in baconhole.com, I'll sell it for real cheap!
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    LOL. You crack me up. I'm tagging for later.... just startng to dabble with heavy lifting.
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I've been doing New Rules for Women, so my reps are high (just finished the last workouts where the reps are 12) but here goes.

I'm 5 ft 2, 180 lbs.

Deadlift 105 lbs
    Squat 100lbs
    Floor pushups :)
    Step up 60lbs
    Seated Row 85lbs
    Wide Grip lat Pulldown 80lbs
    Shoulder press 50lbs
    Lunges 60lbs
    Crunches 90lbs

I know this isn't much. Ive just got comfortable enough with the program and the weights and moves to really start pushing myself. Even today I found that my deadlift form could use improvement. Following some videos by Riptoe. Think thats how you spell it.
  • kandire
    kandire Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm excited to see that a lot of women lift, and they don't hold back! I hate going into the "little weight room" where the other women lift and only finding 5-8lb weights since that is what most of the women at my gym use! I'm going to work with one of my instructors to start lifting once she has a little more time (she promises at the end of this month she will be able to start to work me in!). I'm waiting till then so she can teach me proper form and whatnot since I tend to push too hard and injure myself often!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    come on ladies. show me your sTATs!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    I've been doing New Rules for Women, so my reps are high (just finished the last workouts where the reps are 12) but here goes.

I'm 5 ft 2, 180 lbs.

Deadlift 105 lbs
    Squat 100lbs
    Floor pushups :)
    Step up 60lbs
    Seated Row 85lbs
    Wide Grip lat Pulldown 80lbs
    Shoulder press 50lbs
    Lunges 60lbs
    Crunches 90lbs

I know this isn't much. Ive just got comfortable enough with the program and the weights and moves to really start pushing myself. Even today I found that my deadlift form could use improvement. Following some videos by Riptoe. Think thats how you spell it.

when i started, i was doing 3x12 on everything. Then I had a personal trainer help me figure out my one rep max using a math formula:

(#reps x weight x 0.0333)+ weight= 1 rep max

He told me to do 3x5 at 50% of my max to warm up, followed by 3x5 at 80% of my max. This is how I jumped up from doing squats under 100 lbs to doing them at 125, then 150. It really helped me up my weights. Now i think i want to up my reps again and then do the formula again.....