STRENGTH TRAINING ROUTINE

Options

Replies

• Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    cardio after lift is for fat cutting..your glycogen level is higher after lift...so you reach fat burns when you do cardio after lifts
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Just curious if there is a particular benefit to doing cardio immediately after your lifting or is this merely because you enjoy it?

I enjoy it but I am also doing it because I am cutting body fat. Once I start trying to gain weight I may cut back on it. I also like to do a lot of hiking and mountain biking and need pretty good cardio to enjoy those things.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    wowww I think I could almost be in heaven doing weight-lifting then going for a good jog...definately liking it :happy:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

Not sure if you read my comment stating that I have a beginner female friend who is doing this exact routine..

No I didn't. I'm happy for her, but not everyone will/should start off like that.

I still think thats alot for a beginner, I would think stronglifts or starting strength would be the much clearer and easier route to start off with. Not a brotastic 5 day split.

why are you being so obnoxious???

I happen to think these workouts look fantastic... you act like we are going to turn into competitive female body builders...UGH
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Always trust people with SUPERMAN tattoos.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    You can find some routines on bodybuilding.com

I usually split mine up like
    Sunday: Back/bicep
    Monday: Chest/tricep
    Tuesday: Hamstrings
    Wednesday:Shoulders/abs
    Thursday: Arms
    Friday: Quads
    Saturday: Rest

When I first started weights I was doing two upper body and two lower body days a week.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

whoa.jpg

Not to offend anyone (as I'm not sure what is going on, and who is saying what, since people aren't quoting correctly) but I'm guessing that this woman does not train naturally. Additionally, that is not the desired physique of your average female weight liter.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Additionally, it's a good idea for true beginners to strength training to start with an simple basic full body program consisting of compound lifts 2-3 times a week. The compound lifts establish a nice base strength hitting all the major muscle groups. Once you've done this for a while (maybe even a year or more) then she might want to start adding in isolation moves to really focus on developing individual muscles.
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    Never listen to people who cant lift their own weight
  • capnwo85
    Options
    Additionally, it's a good idea for true beginners to strength training to start with an simple basic full body program consisting of compound lifts 2-3 times a week. The compound lifts establish a nice base strength hitting all the major muscle groups. Once you've done this for a while (maybe even a year or more) then she might want to start adding in isolation moves to really focus on developing individual muscles.

This ia all I was trying to say. Basic lifts, works everything, smarter and safer for some asking for a beginner routine. The female picture was to show that women can be strong as well, not just men. Though she prob is not doing it naturally, regardless.
  • capnwo85
    Options

I can't? You workout at the Oakbrook LA Fitness too BRO?!? Weird... You must be dude on his cell phone the whole time.
  • slriley2
    slriley2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    BodyRock.tv!
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love the Chalean Extreme videos for my Strength Training routine, the results are amazing.
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options

I can't? You workout at the Oakbrook LA Fitness too BRO?!? Weird... You must be dude on his cell phone the whole time.
    Lookin at your physique, i'd say you're the dude on his cell the whole time =)
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

I've never met you or anything but it seems to me "you must be that dude with his head up his *kitten* all the time" because that's definitely what you're portraying right now...
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Day 1- Upper body - Back, Shoulders, Chest, Arms, Abs
    Day 2- Abs, Cardio
    Day 3- Lower Body - Gluets, Hammies, Quads, Calvs, Abs
    Day 4 - Abs, Cardio
    Day 5- Repeat Day 1
    Day 6- Abs, Cardio
    Day 7- REST

Pick up next week starting with Lower body.

Rinse Repeat

I don't recommend Abs on consecutive days. They're just like any other muscle, don't work them every day.
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    bump
  • capnwo85
    Options
    At least I have a face. Nerds.
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    bump for ideas