protien shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My son uses those shakes and he's trying to bulk up! Find a protien that is lower in calories. I use nectar. It's sugar free and comes in lots of fla Ora. Some traditional that you can mix with milk or water (choc, vanilla , strawberry) and some that you just mix with water ( lemon tea, apple, fruit punch). I love it!
  • Sclason
    Sclason Posts: 20
    Options
    I absolutely love the taste of syntha 6 and kind of tend to crave them. However I do feel gypt (hungry) later in the day. Like I am missing out on other foods. But the only way I can lose weight is low carbs (less then 100g) and high protein. Guess I might have to look into another shake or something. Plus I think you guys have some good suggestions and cut back my shakes to 1 a day and eat the rest of my protein in a well balanced diet!

Thank You
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    How much protein in 2 scoops? If more than 30 grams you will want to spread that out. Body can only use so much at one time. The number I have always heard is 30 grams.

120 grams is about what I get but I tend to get most of mine from meats. I like to chew. Have a salad with tuna or chicken. There are many ways to keep your carbs down and eat high protein.

If you find a protein powder that is pure isolate that will have less calories as it is a more pure (for lack of better words) protein. The concentrates need more calories to get to the same protein.