Help! Chesty Gals/Runners

Options

Replies

• aagnew01
    aagnew01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I usually have to double up and wear 2 sports bras. I am a 34D! I like to strap them down, especially around T.O.M. I will also buy tops with built in bras and also wear another sports bra. I find some really cute tops at Old Navy and usually on sale for like 7 bucks!!!
  • rcbeck99
    rcbeck99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a 38DDD and recently bought a sports bra from Kohl's. Brand is Champion and it fits nicely. Not too tight and plenty of coverage. Not sure if you can find it in stores, but I ordered it online. I searched sports bras and size. Think it cost me like $40. Good luck!
  • mmreyn
    mmreyn Posts: 2
    Options
    Go to jazzercise.com and go to "Shop"
    they have a "jane strap" that holds you down. I used to be an instructor and it was a nice thing to have to hold the girls down.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I am pretty chesty myself (38 DD, and getting smaller :wink: ). I really like the Champion bras. They fit really well without hurting, but still keep you in place. I bought 1 to try when I first started, and have bought 3 more since. They are my secret running weapon!

I LOVE THESE BRAS!! I did the same, bought one to try and now, i need to get a couple more!! :)
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I need some tips on sports bra shopping. After reading yet another thread on the boards, I decided to finally head to D-I-C-K's Sporting Goods and try some stuff on. I was disappointed that the expensive bras didn't seem to hold me in any better than my uni-over-the-head cheap sports bras :(

Am I supposed to try on a cup size smaller? A band size smaller? Everyone raves about these brands, but I didn't feel like they did much for me. I got frustrated with the try on process too since someone decided to secure the backs closed with the security tags (morons). In the end, I left empty handed.

I tried on various styles of Under Armor and Moving Comfort. :( HELP I don't want the girls to be saggy when I'm old lol.

If it helps at all, I normally wear a 34D in regular bra size. Thank you in advance for any help :)<3

I am a 38DD and I have found one that really works for me. It is a CHAMPION. I got mine at a Hanes/Leggs/Bali/Playtex Outlet shop. I LOVE IT!!! They can be a bit pricey but, they have sales all the time and they are WELL worth it!!

http://www.onehanesplace.com/outlet/bras/champion-bras

^^ This! If you have access to an outlet mall, that is the best place to get them. They always have the bras for us "bigger chested" girls on clearance. I guess most chesty girls aren't awesome runners like us, so they have a hard time selling the bras! Just kidding..lol! I can usually get them for about $15-$19 a piece with the clearance price and coupons.

I haven't bought them online, so I'm not for sure the prices on their site. However, that is a great idea and I will def take a look! Thanks MommaKit79!
  • tinas_68
    tinas_68 Posts: 9
    Options
    I used to have to wear two sports bras until I found the Enell bra. They are a little pricey at around $60, but totally worth it! I have two of them and won't go with anything else, they are fantastic. I have virtually no bounce, which is awesome when you are big and run :D I get them at www.ladiesonlysports.com or www.enell.com; you may be able to find them cheaper somewhere else too. Good luck!
  • Tiffy_Pea
    Tiffy_Pea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking this! If I can get my little man to cooperate, I'm going shopping for a new sports bra tonight. All the responses will definitely help me!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help ladies! <3

I actually went shopping again today and, after HOURS of bouncing in the dressing room testing everything under the sun out, I ended up purchasing a Moving Comfort Juno. :) I will test it out and actually use it a bunch before buying more, but I just thought I would let you all know!

I did end up trying on some Champions, but the places I went didn't have many style selections and the ones they had didn't do it for me. :( I can't just buy a bra offline without trying it on >_< I'm not that daring, ha ha.

THANK YOU AGAIN for all your help!!! <3
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Target and LOVE them... they hold everything in place and last me a while plus they are only $16!
  • africal2
    africal2 Posts: 2
    Options
    That's not a "trick". It's called "fitjacking". It's mean and puts local stores out of business.
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    I am a 42DDD and I use champion brand bras. They are fabulous! They keep the girls in place and I do'nt feel like I'm going to knock myself out while running!
  • kdkeys14
    kdkeys14 Posts: 16
    Options
    um.. I wish I was a 34D UNFORTUNATELY I AM A 38E(DDD). I can't find a sports bra to do anything for me except hold them enough to walk briskly on the treadmill or elliptical machine BUT RUNNING IS OUT OF THE QUESTION.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    If you have a specialty running store near you (and you should) go in and ask to be fit. They know what they are talking about!!! I was fit last year and ended up with two I really liked. One is a Nike dri-fit and the other is by Moving Comfort. I've lost more weight since the fitting and the Nike one is almost too big now but I still love the coverage so I wear it a lot. The same person who fit my running shoes fit my bras and I love them!!! It's almost time to do it again and since I'm smaller I'll have her fit me again. I had a reduction 21 years ago and am now a 34 B/C, so I'm not that big, but I totally feel you pain!!!! I was a EEE before surgery!!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    what size are you?

champion, moving comfort and under armor are only really for D/DD sizes at the most. goddess is also good for that size

I'm a 36 G/H so i go for the big guns : enell and shock absorber. my girls dont move AT ALL even when i'm doing my 9-10 miles an hour sprint. and trust me at 200 pounds running 9-10 minute mile sprints means that there should be a lot of me and boobs coming at ya.

and wearing 2 bras would just be a stupid decision for me. my regular bras are hard to come buy and they are like $50 a piece AT LEAST. no way i'm wearing one of my precious pretties to get buckets of sweat poured on them. i kind of like keeping my bras so i can wear them when i need them :laugh:
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am a 40DDD and when I am doing a standard workout with a little bouncing around, I wear a champion brand over an underwire bra. I just started running and the only thing that works is wearing 2 underwire bras and the champion sports bra on top of that. I don't do a large amount of running/jumping because of this problem. :happy: I hope what you found works for you.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    the other trick is to go to one of the fancy places, get fitted, find what works for you and then go home and order it online. You can often find it cheaper. I once went the fancy shmancy place in Boston called Intimacy. I don't think they had a bra under 70 bucks, but man did they know how to fit you and get the right bra on you!

This is horrible. Why would you waste the time and expertise of the sales person if you have no intention of purchasing from them? That is SO rude!!!! Please don't do this. If you want to order online, that's your decision, but remember that sales and service is something you SHOULD expect to pay a little more for!!!! Seriously... it's just rude.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem~ I"m a 36F and barely anything fits my huge chest. I spend about 50-60 on a bra. I got mine at Nordstroms. I forgot the name, but it has underwire, is soft fabric, and it has those thick straps that you can adjust with a hook, so none of that stretching with average bras when your boobs wear it out. hahaa. mine...check it out.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the other trick is to go to one of the fancy places, get fitted, find what works for you and then go home and order it online. You can often find it cheaper. I once went the fancy shmancy place in Boston called Intimacy. I don't think they had a bra under 70 bucks, but man did they know how to fit you and get the right bra on you!

This is horrible. Why would you waste the time and expertise of the sales person if you have no intention of purchasing from them? That is SO rude!!!! Please don't do this. If you want to order online, that's your decision, but remember that sales and service is something you SHOULD expect to pay a little more for!!!! Seriously... it's just rude.

take a chill pill.

i do this all the time because 9 out of 10 times the places dont have my size. the other 1 out of 10 times is them trying to sell me a different size (larger band size and smaller cup size) because that's what they have in stock. and i fell for that trick ONCE.

i ended up getting cut up shoulders because the straps dug like crazy into my skin after only one use. what was sold to me as a high impact bra for DD did not have the necessary shoulder strap width to handle high impact for H cup boobaliciousness, needless to say i was pissed and went back to the store and cursed some MFers OUT :laugh:

so to make a long story short, oif they want to sell to people with larger cup sizes hen they should have the options in the store. if i'm going to wait around for them to order it online then that's just going to give me time to check for it myself online
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm the same size as you and all I wear is the cheap ones from Walmart. Sometimes I'll also wear a tank top with a built in shelf bra for a little extra support.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Im 36 F and I love Freya sports bra's really hold me in, not sure if you can get Freya were you are xx

Me too. Shock Absorber as well. (I am currently a 34H)